To ensure retention of online students through excellence of team leadership and student support services that enables students to succeed in their academic endeavors. Manage team effectively through coaching staff, monitoring metrics and phone call observations. Take escalation calls from the team on student concerns, and requests to withdraw. Oversee projects and initiatives with the team and project manage extra tasks and other academic requests needing senior leadership approval. Communicate interdepartmentally to achieve the highest possible customer service for students.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly retention analysis and reporting
- Provide coaching and development for a team of advisors ensuring quality and productivity
- Manage escalations and approvals such as LOA, Tuition Forgiveness escalations, Course Overloads, and student complaints
- Oversight of student advisor hiring, training and evaluating on academic and student advising policy and procedures, including SOS policies/procedures
- Administration of all academic policies as regulated by course catalog, student handbook and other regulatory academic requirements
- Academic oversight for students regarding all academic issues, i.e., failed and incomplete grades, Satisfactory Academic Progress and qualitative academic progress
- Review of term final grades and cumulative GPA’s and follow-up procedures including outreach strategies
- Oversee or participate in university initiatives as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required (Master's preferred)
- Knowledge of online delivery methods and effective communication in both traditional and online educational forums is essential
- Strong problem solving skills, task management and employee supervision are essential
- Excellent customer services skills
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation and problem solving skills
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
3+ years in educational or counseling setting
1-2 years of management experience
Experience in student advising and retention is preferred.
American Intercontinental University - 23 months ago