Bayer Business and Technology Services (BBTS) was formed in October 2008 as part of the restructuring of the North American service functions of the Bayer Group. BBTS provides business-critical services to Bayer's North American Subgroups: Bayer CropScience, Bayer HealthCare and Bayer MaterialScience. BBTS is a combination of Bayer Business Services, Bayer Technology Services and other service activities for Bayer in North America. BBTS has a singular vision: to Foster the Success of the Bayer Group. BBTS employees accomplish this by using their experience and expertise to tailor solutions and services to the needs and requirements of their customers in the following areas: Business Planning and Administration, Bayer Technology Services (Engineering Services and Site Services), Business Consulting, Finance and Accounting Services, Human Resources Services and Support, Information Technology Services, Integrated Employee Services, and Procurement Services. BBTS - Baytown
We offer a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefit programs. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will be eligible for an array of innovative rewards and recognition programs, variable pay and incentive opportunities as well as benefits coverage beginning on your first day of employment. We are committed to helping our employees maintain a healthy balance between their responsibilities at work and home. You will be eligible for paid time off programs, paid company holidays, flexible work options and numerous site conveniences. We are also committed to supporting your professional development through career ladders, training programs, tuition assistance and professional association events.
If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, we encourage you to explore how you can make a difference at Bayer by applying now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
The primary responsibilities of this role, as Process and Plant Safety Engineering Consultant, is to i) provide technical expertise and corporate-wide consulting for the process safety and risk management program for Bayer with a focus on identifying process safety hazards, assessing risks, and developing best practices and technical solutions and ii) help maintain & continuously upgrade group level expertise in all areas of Process Safety Management and Process Safety Engineering with a broad engineering and operational background.
Bayer recognizes that science plays an integral part in everyday life and encourages all employees to make a difference through daily contributions to our organization†s mission. Careers with Bayer allow for the experience of working in a global environment with an on-going focused effort and sustainable approach to improving lives of humans and animals. Related to this position, Bayer offers the opportunity to:
Bayer†s corporate culture is an important factor in the company†s success. Central to this culture are our values: Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency, summarized by the term LIFE. They provide us with guidance for our daily work as we seek solutions to the major challenges of our time, in line with our mission statement †Bayer: Science For A Better Life.†
- Lead and document process hazard analyses (PHA) and process safety reviews utilizing HAZOP, What-if and Checklists methodologies for capital projects and in support of 5-yr revalidations for Bayer sites;
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of the †best practice† safety concepts for Bayer manufacturing processes;
- Develop effective concepts and workflows to bring safety engineering principles to the design & engineering phases;
- Support building of the core competency of the Process and Plant;
- Serve on the Safety group in all areas of Process Safety and Risk Management and Process Safety Engineering methods and tools. Demonstrate mastery in multiple areas of process safety engineering (i.e., PSM, RMP, PHA, RCA, LOPA, SIL verification, Consequence Modeling, Risk Analysis, etc.);
- Collaborate with site safety groups and also with global process & plant safety community to develop comprehensive solutions utilizing experience exchanges, cross-training and short-term rotational assignments;
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices (RAGAGEP) and process safety related government and industry standards (i.e., OSHA, NFPA, ASME, EPA and API) and chemical process safety;
- Participate in process safety audits for compliance to Bayer policies at plant sites throughout NAFTA;
- Prepare and update PSRM guidelines to assure compliance with OSHA, EPA local, state and insurance regulations and requirements;
- Support corporate, site-wide and departmental process and safety goals by working in close cooperation with Engineering and Site Operations;
- Represent Bayer on relevant trade associations (e.g., Chlorine Institute, CCPS, etc.), technical conference and university consortiums;
- Drive the quality of process safety engineering for the group and within the Bayer process & plant safety community;
- Participate in recruiting, mentoring and development of junior engineers in developing process safety knowledge;
- Interface with various levels of management such as site management, project managers, site technical and operating personnel and global process and safety experts.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer Business and Technology Services (BBTS) seeks an incumbent who possesses:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering with a minimum of six or more (6+) years of experience OR;
- Master of Science degree in Chemical Engineering with up to four or more years (0-4+) of experience OR;
- Ph.D in Chemical Engineering with up to two (0-2) years of experience;
- Minimum of ten years of industrial experience in the chemical or petroleum industries in multiple areas of chemical manufacturing- process safety, operations, plant engineering and project engineering;
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of process safety concepts, process safety engineering methods and tools (i.e., PSM, RMP, PHA, RCA, LOPA, SIL verification, Consequence Modeling, Risk Analysis, etc.);
- Ability to read, comprehend and use P&IDs, material balances, equipment and layout drawings and specifications for complex chemical processes;
- Proven experience in performing, facilitating and documenting process hazard analysis and root cause analysis using detailed, systematic approaches;
- Knowledge of recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices (RAGAGEP) and process safety related government and industry standards (i.e., OSHA, NFPA, ASME, EPA and API)and chemical process safety;
- Strong, effective communication and presentation skills;
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% to support various Bayer sites.
Salary and grade level will be commensurate with experience and/or education level.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering with ten or more (10+) years of experience OR;
- Master of Science degree in Chemical Engineering with four to eight or more (8+) years of experience OR;
- Ph.D in Chemical Engineering with two to six or more (2-6+) years of experience.
Bayerjobs.com - 22 months ago
For when you can't "bayer" the pain, Bayer Corporation makes your medicine. The US headquarters of pharmaceuticals and...