Join us in the big leagues! |
AT&T is a world leader in communications, business solutions, and entertainment. As part of our Business Sales teams, you'll work with small to large enterprises and government agencies to sell our full-scale business solutions.
Our wireless division serves 95 percent of the Fortune 100 companies, accounts for more than 80 percent of the Fortune 500 and has more than 1200 federal, state, and local government agencies as our customers.
You'll be part of the team that walks our customers through AT&T's cutting-edge products, shows them the benefit of our advanced services, and ultimately closes the deal. We aren't just the phone company anymore and you aren't just any sales person. This could be your chance to join a company that's known for being innovative, successful and ahead of the curve.
With AT&T's history of success and commitment to emerging technologies, this is the ideal sales environment for a professional looking to build an amazing career.
Working as a Technical Sales Consultant, you will be part of the sales team and provide technical sales support to assure successful customer integration and implementation of established company products. You will participate in joint sales calls with the sales representatives. You will sell the entire portfolio of AT&T Data Services, AT&T Security Solutions and AT&T Hosting and Managed Solutions. This is an overlay sales position that requires you to have strong relationship building skills within an assigned territory.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
· Provides technical support during joint sales meetings with customers and direct sales teams.
· Majority of time is spent at the customers premise consulting, selling and supporting complex company products/services/systems/solutions.
· Contributes to unit sales plan through pre-sales/post sales technical consulting activities.
· Provides technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, and installation and maintenance of company products to ensure the system is functioning according to specifications.
· Manage the technical discussions in client meetings across multiple levels and disciplines to identify business and technical needs, issues and priorities. Formulates responses to customer inquiries/questions concerning complex system software and applications, and provides software development and consultation to prospective users.
· Understands, develops and delivers products/services/systems/solutions to customers business, information, technical and educational needs.
· Build a mini-application, based on customer requirements, to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping.
· Requires a strong, working knowledge of company products and services.
· May assist less experienced peers
- Three to five years of experience in one or more of these areas Network and/or Data Transport Planning, Designing and/or managing Wide Area Networks, Technical Data network Sales
- Strong relationship building skills
- Proven history of sales success as well as an in depth knowledge of processes as well as a concentration in security, hosting, and managed services portfolio
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills, and be able to work in a highly competitive sales environment
- Must have valid driver's license, personal car and satisfactory driving record.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Marketing, Information Technology, or Communications
- Five to seven years engineering and/or sales experience
- Previous sales support experience with strong coaching, presentation and closing skills.
- In depth knowledge of the following products are preferred; Secure Email Gateway, Web Security, Remote Vault, Hosting services (co-location), Synaptic Hosting including application management and virtualization, and long haul WAN services such as Virtual Private Network(VPN), Enhanced Virtual Private Network(EVPN), Manage Internet Services(MIS), Private Network Transport(PNT), Ethernet Protocol layer Service(EPLS), Opt-E-Wan(OEW), Frame Relay(FR), and ATM.
- Certifications such as CCDA, CCNA, CCNT, MCSE, CCNP or CCDP
- Experience with M/S word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio Professional
- Understanding of Cisco and multi vendor Transport CPE
AT&T - 2 years ago
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...