8x8 is seeking a qualified system administrator with experience in heterogeneous environments and specializes in VMWare implementations, including Vcenter and Vsphere. You will assist with the installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of servers, both dedicated and virtual, and their associated hardware. You will assist in customer support of our hosting and enterprise clients servers through phone and email communication.
Must have skills
- Systems implementation and administration experience
- Infrastructure migration experience.
- Strong knowledge of VMWare products, e.g., Vsphere, Vcenter, etc.
- 5+ years experience with a variety of flavors of Linux, e.g., CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu, Debian.
- 5+ years experience with windows server environments, e.g. Server 2008R2, Server 2003
- 1+ years of heavy experience with VMware, Citrix Xen Server, and other virtualization platforms.
- Hardware troubleshooting, repair, and installation.
- Experience with supporting customers in a 24/7 environment
- Strong understanding of DNS in both Linux and Windows environments
- Deploy and manage hosting clients server environments.
- Enhance or create FAQ repository and other documentation for customers and internal staff.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Install, deploy and manage Server Virtualization (VMware, Microsoft HyperV, CitrixXenServer)
- Assist in the maintenance of our Linux infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and rectify issues quickly.
- Assist customers in understanding virtual infrastructure capabilities.
- Support hosting and enterprise customers servers via phone and email communication.
- Strong inter-personal communication skills to explain procedures both verbally and in writing to customers, both internal and external.
- Ability to write scripts in languages like sh, perl, VBScript, and Powershell, a plus
- Networking knowledge with Cisco/Foundry/Mikrotik is a plus
- Managed collocation experience is a plus.
- Security (rights, privileges, accounts) and hardening (upgrades, patches, registry) techniques
- Experience installing and configuring specialized services including IIS, RADIUS, MS Clustering, WINS, DNS, Exchange, etc.
- Familiarity with configuring switches, routers and firewalls
- Understanding of networking techniques and the OSI model and its components.
- Monitoring tools experience preferred (Nagios, Cacti, Dell OpenManage, etc.)
- Experience with Storage systems, especially EMC storage, a plus.
Please send your resume to email@example.com .
Notice to Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
8x8, Inc. maintains an approved supplier list based on current skill set and technology requirements. Therefore, our supplier base is limited to our specific hiring needs in a given business cycle. 8x8, Inc. does not accept resumes from unapproved suppliers. Any resumes received from unapproved suppliers will be considered unsolicited and 8x8, Inc. will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
8x8, Inc. - 18 months ago
8x8, Inc. (8x8) develops, markets and sells telecommunication services and technology for Internet protocol (IP) telephony and video...