EchoStar Corporation is looking to add an experienced RF Engineer who will be able to consider future digital communication methods in order to take our set top boxes to the next level. The candidate will be someone who is able to take a circuit design thru the entire lifecycle from specifications to mass production.
Headquartered in Englewood, CO, EchoStar is a billion dollar company with over 5,000 employees worldwide and more than 25 years of experience designing, developing and distributing award-winning television set-top boxes, services and related delivery products for television. EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and digital TV solutions that enhance today's home entertainment lifestyle. It’s wholly owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies and managed network services for enterprises and governments in more than 100 countries.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System.
Duties and Responsibilities
RF and Electrical Engineering designs EchoStar set top boxes involving QPSK, 8PSK, QAM, 8VSB and future digital communication methods. Engineering designs involving MoCA, RF4CE, Bluetooth, and WiFi networking technologies. This candidate is responsible for various circuit designs with a product lifecycle from specifications to mass production. He/she will provide timely status on progress of projects to management and be asked to interact directly with EchoStar constituents through normal business communications, trade shows, or other functions as warranted.
Skills and Qualifications
- Responsible for design calculations and analysis for mass production high volume design
- Evaluation for cost analysis and optimization of design vs. performance is expected
- Training and mentoring junior engineers
- Peer review of OEM products employing same technology
- Use and apply RF, Digital, Power, and Analog principles and design techniques
- Fabricate, troubleshoot, and test prototypes
- Document designs and write test procedures/reports
- Issue final approval with supporting documentation to management and document control groups
- Help support our internal groups such as the design groups, manufacturing, service and management
- Familiarity with consumer electronics design, process and cycle times also desirable
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering minimum. Emphasis in RF Design and Communications is a plus
- RF, Digital, Power, and Analog design from component level through system level preferred
- Use and knowledge of RF test equipment preferred
- Skill and use of standard electrical engineering test equipment including but not limited to multi-meters, oscilloscopes, soldering stations, etc.
- Required to travel domestic and internationally in order to support product development
- Must be proficient in documenting and writing skills with use of Microsoft Office applications
- Must have the ability to write and document designs and test procedures
- Must be flexible, innovative and have the ability to prioritize in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment
- 8 years with hands-on component level design experience preferred
EchoStar - 19 months ago
EchoStar provides satellite services for video transport and digital cinema distribution. Whether delivering multichannel digital services...