FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. We seek qualified candidates for the position of Administrative Associate in Washington, D.C .
This position is characterized by the performance of a variety of administrative and office support duties. Positions require knowledge of organizational and departmental policies and procedures in order to communicate information involving programs, functions, and services. Duties performed may include preparation of documents and reports, the use of office technology, compiling records, organizing and maintaining files, posting information, greeting/referring/assisting others, mail distribution, and photocopying. The range of duties includes, but is not limited to, collecting and verifying data, summarizing and reconciling information or financial data, records management, review and processing, research and inventory. Positions may serve as the primary staff assistant to a department or manager. At the advanced level, may serve as a lead worker or may provide supervision to other employees. Administrative Associate tasks include:
- Answers phones.
- Takes messages or fields/answers routine and non-routine questions.
- Provides information to callers. Works in cooperation with other Administrative Associates to cover phones.
- Provides administrative support to staff for copying, faxing and largescale mailings.
- Responds to staff requests for administrative support as needed.
- Sets up and maintain files, prepares reports, presentations and graphics, provides employees with office supplies, performs data entry, proofreads, and compiles special reports.
- Receives and distributes incoming mailing and coordinates outgoing mail, including courier services, postage meter account, and interoffice mail distribution.
- Schedules meetings and meeting arrangements. Provides meeting support as needed (e.g., scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics).
- Communicates with both internal and external personnel as required.
- Prepares and maintains documentation, plans, reports, schedules, databases, spreadsheets, logs, etc. to support functions.
- Assignments vary based on department and/or functional area.
- May handle special projects and execute research and data analysis tasks.
- A high school diploma and/or its international equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- 0 – 3 Years of related experience.
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures.
- Knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of a variety of office software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Read, write and speak English
- Finds solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritizes work.
- Work requires attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites is required
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may register online through FHI 360's Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org . Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
FHI 360 - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
FHI 360 is a leading human development organization dedicated to improving lives by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.