To be a good fit for this opportunity you will need:
In addition to these requirements you'll be expected to travel 50% of the time.
- 10+ years of sales experience demonstrating progressive success including Fortune 1000 companies and above.
- A bachelor's degree or the equivalent, preferably in Business. An MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
- The skill to strategically map large complex accounts.
- Comfort working at the boardroom level.
- A solid transportation background. An understanding of both Shippers’ and Carriers’ perspective is a plus. If you’ve worked directly for a dealership or leasing company, you’ll have a distinct advantage in understanding the technology / machinery. Quick question for you - click here
Within the last 5 years, what role did the following play in your job?
Experience selling to Fleet or Transportation industry
Major component of my job all or most of the time Major component of my job occasionally Moderate component of my job all or most of the time Moderate component of my job occasionally Minor component of my job all or most of the time Minor component of my job occasionally Formerly a major component of my job Formerly a minor component of my job Familiarity, but never a component of my job No real familiarity
(Your answer will automatically be saved when you submit your application)
- Comfort positioning and selling a revolutionary solution.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to develop well-considered proposals, business letters, emails, etc.
- Self-motivation and the ability to achieve goals independently.
- A passion for the product. You will be an ambassador for natural gas solutions promoting the fact that natural gas is cheaper, cleaner, homegrown, good for the US, able to create jobs, etc.
- Strong industry contacts will be an advantage.
- Understanding of and comfort with a long sales cycle.
As the Senior Business Development Manager you will be responsible for generating sales of natural gas fuel by promoting natural gas vehicle technologies to Fortune 1000 prospects utilizing large truck fleets. Your threshold will be companies with a billion dollars in revenue. Smaller businesses will be targeted by Business Development Managers working within your territory.
More specifically, you will:
If you're the professional we're looking for, you already know that your interpersonal skills are just as important as your sales skills and business development expertise. Our most successful people are energetic, outgoing and truly enjoy interfacing with customers, relating to them on both business and personal levels. To excel, your core characteristics and competencies should include polished skill in:
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Manage and grow relationships with various prospects, clients, and partners in the natural gas fuel industry.
- Create penetration strategies by doing complex mapping.
- Establish and develop relationships with decision makers and key players.
- Educate prospects, boards of directors, communities, government councils, trade associations, etc. on the economic and health benefits of natural gas vehicles.
- Participate on committees, professional associations and other high visibility venues to leverage personal exposure and promote natural gas fuel.
- Market to new and existing customers through the creation, development, and implementation of various business solutions. Coordinate marketing promotions, including advertising, and special sales.
- Estimate demand for proposed projects based on market research and consumer trends.
- Create focused proposals and presentations.
- Review and understand station contracts and fueling agreements.
- Provide input to the management team on new product or service features to be developed to meet current and future customer needs.
- Work closely with Engineering on the development of assigned projects, and with Operations on station operations and performance.
Relationship building: You’ll grow and maintain relationships with various prospects and decision makers, including city council members, fleet managers, public works directors, trade associations, C-level executives, board members, etc. You'll also mentor junior sales staff as appropriate.
Education: You’ll skillfully build and deliver presentations that focus on the economic and health benefits of natural gas vehicles.
Taking point as an expert: You’ll position yourself as a trusted authority who can be counted on to expertly guide clients through the conversion from inception through implementation. This is solutions sales with full cycle sales involvement.
Team collaboration: You’ll work effectively and collaboratively with the Sales, Engineering, and Operations departments. All will be central to your success.
Driving for results: You’ll develop and implement plans focused on achieving sales and performance milestones and be resilient in pursuit of the targeted results.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Clean Energy - 2 years ago