CANDIDATE TECHINCAL BACKGROUND:
- Exciting Opportunity*
- Be a part of our winning team*
1) Candidates must have current knowledge of Linux systems.
2) AIX and SUN knowledge is desirable.
3) The holder of this position will work with a team of engineers who work with all three operating systems.
4) Must be able to function well as part of team.
5) Must work well in a complex, matrixed environment.
1) Ability to identify and patch application software - Oracle, WebSphere, SNA, ConnectDirect, Weblogic, DB2
2) Experience Red Hat Linux (required)
3) Exposure to Kickstart
4) Experience with replacement of user serviceable hardware components
6) Familiarity with TSM and TDP backup/restore/configuration from a client perspective
Candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule. May be required to work Sunday through Thursday. Will be required to work overtime when needed. If required, can get to the office within 1 hour of being called.
1) Correct technical problems within defined SLAs. Analyze root cause and permanently correct. Document incidents.
2) Perform server checks prior to server deployment to the network.
3) Configure and maintain server systems using industry best practices.
4) Secure Servers.
5) Monitor server performance.
6) Replace hardware as needed.
7) Minimize risk to the business by monitoring potential hardware failures and employing appropriate mitigation.
8) Ensure Servers are backed up according to business needs.
9) Devise and implement solutions to automate manual processes.
10) Have knowledge and experience in Scripting in all Unix environments.
11) Follow defined change management process.
12) Transfer technical knowledge to others.
1) Solaris 9 and 10 administration and patching - Nice to have - 4Years
2) RedHat Linux administration and patching - Required - 4Years
3) AIX administration and patching - Nice to have - 4Years
4) Large IT shop experience - Required - 4Years
5) SAN Multipathing - Required - 3Years
6) Power Hardware - Nice to have - 4Years
7) LVM - Required - 4Years
8) Knowledge of security scanning and remediation tools - SRR, Nesses, Retina - Highly desired - 4Years
9) Proficient in scripting - Required - 4Years
10) SPARC and X86 - Nice to have - 3Years
11) Power VM setup, administration, capacity management - Nice to have - 4Years
12) Bachelor Degree OR 4 years combined education & work experience OR extra 4 years related work experience - Required
13) High School diploma or equivalent - Required
14) Server related experience - Required - 8Years