The Cynopsis Group of Access Intelligence has an immediate opening for an Executive Editor to join its fast-growing team. The Executive Editor will be a brand leader for Cynopsis, which provides daily news and information for professionals in the media industry.
The candidate will be responsible for writing daily news while also playing an integral role in editorial management of a team of bright writers and editors. The Executive Editor, who will be based in either our New York City or Norwalk, Connecticut, office will be responsible for:
- Editorial planning and management of the brand.
- Starting with, or rapidly developing, a sophisticated understanding of the industry, with an ability to communicate with top executives and convey high-value contend to readers that’s based on those contacts.
- Managing a staff of journalists and interacting successfully with production, sales, marketing and other departments.
- Maintaining a high level of relevance to the market and for generating editorial content that surprises, provokes, delights, informs and inspires the audiences.
- Ensuring that all content is produced at a high quality and on schedule.
- Web and social media strategies, ensuring that sites are updated frequently, that the brands have the best voices in the industry.
- Conference planning and programming as well as speaker recruitment.
- Serving as the voice of the brand to the industry, attending events, playing a high-profile public role.
The executive editor should have at least seven years of experience working full-time at a media company and should have a four-year college degree in journalism, communications or related area. Management experience preferred.
Please submit resumes and cover letters with salary requirements, and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 646-607-9058.