The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and supporting new business development, partnership and sponsorship activities for the NFL. S/he will identify, prioritize, and support the development of new sponsorship and partnership opportunities to drive new revenue. This executive will provide strategy, analysis and insight on new business development opportunities. S/he will also develop commercial business analysis and budget management across the business.
In addition, the successful candidate will work closely with various departments, including finance, legal, digital, and marketing among others, in the strategic development and analysis of potential partnership opportunities. S/he will play a critical role in determining the alignment of strategy throughout the NFL, both among specific departments (e.g., sponsorship, marketing, finance) and between existing/future partnerships.
oAssess markets and customers (fans) and draw relevant insights
- Identify, prioritize, and successfully implement new business opportunities:
oEvaluate potential for new sponsorship and partnership opportunities
oPrioritize projects based on financial impact, feasibility, and consistency with objectives
oIdentify resources required to implement new sponsorship opportunities
oDevelop sponsorship proposals, including detailed deal evaluation
oSupport the development of business plans
oExecute implementation and identify appropriate approach for ongoing management
oEvaluate current NFL strategies in context of current sports, entertainment, and media business trends
- Interact closely with various departments to understand, define, and align strategic priorities
oDevelop recommendations for strategic partnership opportunities
oOversee the analysis of department-based strategies into single, consistent strategy
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- Lead activities that require the research and analysis of potential sponsorship and partnership opportunities
- Understand new technologies and business models to be able to evaluate their relevance to the NFL’s strategic sponsorship initiatives.
- Develop strong relationships with internal departments as a resource.
- Develop networking channels by fostering relationships within the sports and entertainment industry.
The ideal candidate for this position must have a demonstrated track record of success and of working effectively with senior management in various roles. This executive will preferably have ten or more years of professional experience, with extensive time spent on finance, analysis and strategic business development. The candidate should have been directly responsible for developing and commercializing specific new business ideas.
S/he will have a demonstrable capability for defining strategy and advising senior managers on the value and fit of business opportunities to further business and sponsorship objectives. The successful candidate will have experience in developing business plans that require substantial investment.
The successful candidate will be a team player who can successfully work and lead in a collegial environment. S/he will take an entrepreneurial approach to the business, bringing a creative spark and fresh thinking to how NFL can grow and expand its business. The ideal candidate will be an upbeat, charismatic executive with very strong communications and interpersonal skills, and be comfortable working as part of a team in a non-hierarchical organization structure. This executive will be a good high-level strategic thinker, but will be energized by the practical activities required to make things happen. The successful candidate will be able to manage multiple tasks – handling urgent matters without ever losing sight of mid- and long-term planning.
The ability to think on his/her feet and develop creative, out-of-the-box solutions will further characterize the ideal candidate. The successful candidate will be a role model for the staff. This executive will rapidly establish credibility both within, and outside of, the organization.
REQUIRED SKILLS KNOWLEDGE:
- Extraordinary computer skills including: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and statistical software such as SPSS
- Expertise in regression analysis, financial modeling, and primary research
- Strong understanding of how to give structure to complex ideas
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, good time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication, team building, and interpersonal skills
- Interest in consulting, marketing, and strategy
National Football League - 4 years ago
The National Football League (NFL) is a professional American football league that constitutes one of the four major professional sports...