1. High School diploma or GED; one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
2. Certification in aquatic group exercise preferred (AEA certification preferred, USWFA highly desirable).
3. Certified to teach group exercise (i.e., AFAA) is highly desirable.
4. CPR/AED certification required.
5. 2-5 years of experience teaching aquatics preferred.
6. Must be outgoing, personable and have the ability to motivate members and actively teach assigned courses.
7. Dependability and neatness required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate successfully completing a pre-employment drug test and/or background check prior to the commencement of employment. All applicants offered employment requiring more than 15 hours per week are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test.
The purpose of the Aqua Instructor is to teach aquatic classes in a professional and safe manner to the members and guests of the center. Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during interactions and work related relationships with all persons at the center including but not limited to members, guests and team members as provided in the Team Member Handbook at the time of hire.
Power Wellness Management, LLC - 14 months ago