Req# 134581BR Position Title Network Planner II Position Summary
Designs, analyzes, plans and modifies network components supporting customer communication implementation activities. Develops and evaluates network performance criteria and measurement methods. Prepares the analysis of the short-term or long-term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling. Conducts network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies. Develops alternative routing scenarios and changes in required sequence of network activities. Conducts studies to determine impacts on network capacity and development plan projections. Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments, and may provide guidance to other personnel.
Designs, analyzes, plans and modifies network components supporting customer Tier I IP Network. Analyzes customer forecasted growth and actual trends in order to develop build plans for IP nodes. Publish Network Planning letters in order to execute on approved build plans. Plan and execute on integration activities working with peer organizations in order to install new hardware.
Responsible for develop and execution of cut-plans related to network build activity. Maintenance activities are executed during approved maintenance windows (midnight to 6am local to the location work is occurring), therefore, weekend and night work is required from time-to-time.
Responsible for integrity of site maps and all databases corresponding to assigned nodes. Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Reports to a manager level position.
- Communication Skills – Excellent verbal and written skills. Must be able to produce technical documentation such as Network Planning Letters (NPL), Method of Procedures (MOP), and detailed equipment plans. Must be able to communicate clearly across a wide spectrum of the organization.
- Project Management – Ability to track projects, meet deliverables, and adhere to agreed upon timelines in a fast paced environment. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and two years related work experience or six years related work experience post high school
- Two years network planning work experience
- Two years experience with project management leadership
While most Sprint employees are on the front lines in our retail and call centers, there is a force of corporate employees who keep the company charging ahead. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone.
- Two years working with network performance criteria and measurement methods
- Two years experience with cost studies and reporting
- Experience with Service Provider/Carrier Class platforms – Cisco GSR, Cisco CRS, Juniper MX, Ciena Carrier Ethernet Cisco related IP
- Professional level certification – CCNP, CCDP, etc.
Behind each of these technologies is a corporate force made up of Finance, Human Resources, Communications, Marketing, Legal, Government Affairs, Strategy, Network and IT.
This is a fiercely competitive industry, and Sprint employees all share a common job description: Beat our competitors by providing unrivaled service and value to our customers. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Job Category Network Work City Reston Work State Virginia VARESQ - Reston, VA Corporate (NXL) 12000 Sunrise Valley Dr Country United States
Sprint - 13 months ago
Sprint is a global integrated communications provider serving more than 26 million customers in over 100 countries. With more than $26...