Sr. Oracle Database Administrator - USA Remote OK
Data and Databases
Remote Work Authorized
Jan 28, 2013, 12:11:30 PM
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in client/project meeting(s) for needs assessment and design review. Analyzes the needs and requirements of users of existing and proposed database systems and develops technical, structural and organizational specifications to include access methods, access time, job control language, statistical methodologies, device allocation, validation checks, protection and security.
- Designs, develops, implements and maintains moderately complex database for internal and external users/clients.
- Creates, documents and implements standards and/or modeling to monitor and enhance the capacity and performance of the database. Programs and writes codes as necessary. Develops data import and export routines to automate data loading. Builds windows, screens and reports.
- Performs analyses and reviews complex applications being released into production. Develops test application code in client server environments to ensure that software conforms to build management practices.
- Develops back-up and recovery procedures and data archive/purge procedures. Creates supporting technical documentation.
- Remains abreast of and analyzes new and emerging technologies and tools for applicability to field. Prepares reports and/or recommendations of new and/or changing processes/products.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, business administration, software engineering or related field preferred
- Seven or more years of database engineering, design, development experience
- Experience working with relational data modeling
- Experience working with data warehousing
- Experience working with relational databases such as SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience working with database development methodologies, design and implementation
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- U.S. Citizenship or Green Card
- 7+ Yrs Oracle Database Administration
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Good, demonstrated skills in using a Windows development language, programming or scripting such as VBScript, COM, COM+, XML, Java, Perl, etc.
- Good interpersonal and human relations skills to interact with clients and less experienced personnel
- Ability to comprehend and integrate business unit/client needs into appropriate database system
CSC - 21 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...