- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently as required.
- Unix and Windows System Administration skills
- Strong Networking skills
- Must be able obtain and maintain a DOD Secret clearance
- Must Meet DOD 8570 Requirement (Security+ Certified)
- Must be willing to travel Desired skills •Knowledge of Tivioli, Veritas or other backup applications
- Tape library configuration in a mixed windows/Unix environment
- Test and integration experience
- Working Knowledge of Clearcase and ClearQuest
- Direct experience working with a military customer
- Familiarity with System Accreditation process Specific Job Description This position supports the GPS Control Segment Sustainment organization. System Administrators work closely with the GCS Software Development Team, 2SOPS, 50 SW Systems Analysts, and anomaly response personnel. The System Administrator is responsible for participating in the implementation, maintenance and support of Unix and Windows systems and their components, and other information technologies. This position performs and schedules installations and upgrades to GCS OS/COTs, software and database packages and ensures they are implemented in accordance with established GCS and 2 SOPS policies and procedures. In addition, the System Administrator will coordinate the overall integration on new development systems as they transition to sustainment. The System Administrator is responsible for managing appropriate software solutions to ensure server data integrity, monitoring and tuning the system to achieve optimum performance level, monitoring security alerts and application systems, and working with other staff to ensure that all appropriate patches are applied in an automated and timely fashion. Standard Job Description Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Security Clearance Secret Typical Minimums Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner. LMCareers Business Unit ESS0999 IS&GS-DEFENSE (S8200) Business Area Info Systems & Global Sol Program GPS Control Segment Sustainment Department 6374024:GBS_OS Job Class Information Technology Job Category Experienced Professional City Falcon Air Force Base State Colorado Relocation Available No Work Schedule FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week Req Type Blue Sky Direct/Indirect Direct Shift First
Lockheed Martin Corporation - 12 months ago
Lockheed Martin Corporation is a global security company that is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, inte...