The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the nation's longest-enduring institutions. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your States and your community!
Nebraska National Guard
THIS POSITION CLOSES AT 11:59 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
This position is located in the Force Sustainment Squadron (FSS), Mission Support Group at an Air National Guard (ANG) flying wing. Its primary purpose is to plan, organize, administer, and troubleshoot the operation and data base integrity of the Military Personnel Data System in support of military human resources management functions. Serves as the primary point of contact to ensure the effective operation of satellite human resources interface with United States Air Force (USAF) servers and related human resources computers both hardware and software. Provides training on utilization of the different components of the Military Personnel Data System (MILPDS). Provides technical guidance regarding the overall scope of the MILPDS and interfacing systems to identify and solve personnel system related problems, which could inhibit or prevent a high state of readiness.
CONCURRENT ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE ANNOUNCEMENT NUMER: AGR-AR-13-009
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION OF POSITION: 155 FSS, Lincoln, NE
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Dual Status (Excepted Service) Enlisted position only.
Open Area of Consideration: 1
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1 - Current permanent and indefinite bargaining unit Technicians of the Nebraska Air National Guard and
Referral of Applicants: Qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official in the following order:
1. Fully qualified Area 1 applicants.
Military membership in the Nebraska Air National Guard is mandatory.
Direct Deposit is mandatory.
Individuals with military incentive bonuses may be subject to recoupment.
Permanent Change of Station Benefits will not be paid.
(1) Provides broad management advisory services. Analyzes and resolves operational problems and ensures compliance with military human resources policies, regulations, objectives and management procedures. Provides direction and gives advice to section chiefs and representatives to serviced organizations on methods of approach to systems related discrepancies discovered through analysis. Monitors corrective actions. Interprets Department of Defense (DOD) direct or legislative policies affecting the Military Personnel Data System and recommends enhancements. Resolves technical problems.
(2) Monitors the overall operations of the Military Personnel Data System. Plans, directs and performs system management, quality assurance, system inquiry, trend analysis, small computer operations/management and system research. Provides guidance and assistance to unit commanders and user personnel on management capabilities of the system through the use of pertinent management information readily available.
(3) Provides staff advisory guidance to the FSS, Units, Commanders and other base or Geographically Separated Unit (GSU) functional activities on solutions and feasible approaches to the utilization of the Military Personnel Data System in specific, and the human resources military program in general. Interprets manuals, regulations, instructions, and other correspondence to determine the impact on the Military Personnel Data System. Plans, directs, and coordinates operations of the system within existing policies and objectives. Advises the Human Resources Officer (Military) and the immediate supervisor on all adverse computer related issues. Researches system problems and determines solutions. Advises all FSS work functions and other agencies using articles on computerized system changes to achieve timely and accurate implementation.
(4) Coordinates with AF, Air Reserve Personnel Center, The National Guard Bureau, Air National Guard State Headquarters and base functional areas on new data human resources programs and system procedures. Serves as the FSS liaison for systems with higher headquarters, FSS work functions, unit commanders, etc.
(5) Administers Military Personnel Data System training programs for the FSS and other users of the system. Performs formal and informal training on utilization of the Military Personnel Data System, and other related systems to all users. Researches, develops, reviews, and updates training materials to include training outline, lesson plan, and charts. Obtains and arranges classrooms, audiovisual equipment, and on-line computer training aids.
(6) Analyzes and compares data between the military personnel data and interfacing systems. Analyzes products by comparing and verifying data for mismatched or missing data. Identifies discrepancies, takes corrective actions, and reports to appropriate functional OPR.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To be qualifying, experience must have been progressively responsible with increasingly difficult and complex duties. Experience must have been at the next lower or second lower grade or its non-federal equivalent.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: E xperience, education and training which involves the exercise of analytical ability, judgment, discretion, and personal responsibility, and application of a substantial body of knowledge of principles, concepts and practices applicable to one or more fields of human resources administration or management. Experience using computer and automation systems.
- CREDITING EXPERIENCE: NATIONAL GUARD SERVICE MAY BE CREDITED AS FULL-TIME EXPERIENCE WHEN EVALUATED AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR A MILITARY TECHNICIAN POSITION. EXPERIENCE MUST BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE POSITION AND MUST BE DESCRIBED IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF THE APPLICATION AND/OR RESUME. THE LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE IS DETERMINED BY THE ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED. BE DESCRIPTIVE, A SIMPLE LIST OF JOB TITLES AND DATES WILL NOT SUFFICE.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess at least 24 months of specialized experience, education or training involving the administering, delivery, maintaining, advising and adapting advanced concepts, principles, and theories of Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements. Knowledge of legal, regulatory and procedural aspects of programs relating to civilian and/or military personnel management. Experience which demonstrates the skill and/or experience to provide management, advisory services. Experience which demonstrates the skill and/or experience in operating computers, management information systems, or personnel data systems. Experience which requires the candidate to analyze problems and communicate effectively with others.
1. Knowledge of personnel programs, policies, and regulatory requirements.
2. Ability to research regulations, directives and procedures.
3. Knowledge of military personnel management policies and procedures.
NOTE: REGARDING QUALITY OF EXPERIENCE: Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignment must be followed. The applicant's record of experience, training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position to be filled.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: A maximum of 12 months of the required specialized experience may be substituted by successful completion of undergraduate study in an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours. The education must have been in fields directly related to the type of work of the position. College transcripts MUST be submitted for professional positions or when substituting education for experience. NOTE: If you are using education as a substitution of experience OR education is a mandatory requirement to meet qualification, YOU MUST SUBMIT copies of college transcripts when required. Failure to provide college transcripts when required will result in an ineligible rating. NOTE: The Nebraska National Guard HRO has a document entitled "Secrets to Getting a Technician Job"; you are encouraged to follow the link provided if you are interested. http://ne.ng.mil/ArmyGuard/Tech%20Branch%20Documents/SecretstoGettingaTechnicianJob1.pdf
REMEMBER: Military training directly related to the type of work of the position may be substituted on a day for day basis.
To submit the documents requested follow the instructions below: Your resume, curriculum vitae, the Optional Application for Federal Employment (OF 612), or any other written format you choose to describe your job-related qualifications. Your document(s) can be submitted electronically using the document upload process or by fax. Please ensure that your resume contains your full name, address, phone and at least your last four digits of your social security number.
Note: Please ensure that your resume contains the basic information outlined under the Applying for a Federal Job link: http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of612.pdf
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
MILITARY GRADES: Maximum Military Grade E7; Minimum Military Grade E4 ; Military grade inversion within the full time work force is not permitted. The military grade of the full time supervisor must equal or exceed the military grade of the personnel supervised.
Compatible Military Assignments: Enlisted - 3S071, Candidate must meet minimum requirements per the Air Force Enlisted Classification Directory for award of the AFSC: ASVAB minimum score of 41 in the admin area, physical PULHES profile of 333233 respectively and minimum x-factor lift of "G", 40 pounds.
Individual does not have to be currently assigned to one of these career fields to be considered for this position; however compatibility requirements must be met prior to appointment to the position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Main New Employee Website - http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Flexible Spending Accounts - The Federal Flexible Spending Accounts Program (FSAFeds) allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
Health Insurance - The Federal Employees Health Benefits Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
Leave - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
Life Insurance - The Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance Program (FEGLI) offers: Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance, for additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
Long Term Care Insurance - The Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP) provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
Retirement Program - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, and Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
1. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
2. Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resources Office, you must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number listed on this announcement with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resources Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...