Esterline Technologies Corporation
Process Engineer, Esterline Defense Technologies
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Defense Technologies, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, is the world's foremost developer and supplier of expendable countermeasures, used to protect aircraft from missile threats.
Company Name: Esterline Defense Technologies, a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 250
Title: Process Engineer
Job Family: Engineering
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Works with: Engineers, mid-level managers and supervisor.
Location: Camden, AR, USA
Type: Full Time
Act as a technical liaison in the Engineering Team to perform various technical assignments in support of Production, Research & Development, Statistical Process Control and Stock Preparation as directed by the Manager of Engineering to ensure product quality and timeliness. Deal with problems arising in the manufacturing processes involving both chemical reactions and the structures, equipment and machinery necessary for the proper control of a chemical reaction.
- Systematic and regular review and if necessary, modify the stock preparation and whitewater recovery operation procedures to ensure compliance, operability and efficiency.
- Investigate various manufacturing problems as they occur, compile pertinent data and discuss results with the Engineering Manager and/or appropriate supervisor. Troubleshoot various segments of the manufacturing process to identify and/or prevent potential problems.
- Assist in evaluating proposed process changes and their impact on quality and productivity prior to implementation.
- Compile pertinent statistical data to examine emergent trends that would lead to the improvement of processes and/or reduce operational costs.
- Generate and update equations used in the adjustment of out-of-spec batches to meet spec requirements.
- Assist as required in the training of manufacturing personnel to achieve their highest level of proficiency.
- Monitor laboratory analyses results for accuracy and impact on the manufacturing process.
- Assist in the composition and drafting of manufacturing MSPI's
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Engineering Manager.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by Esterline's ethics and business conduct policies
- As Esterline Defense Tech is a manufacturing facility, a Process Engineer plays a pivotal role in the operations and thus draws heavily on mental capabilities.
- Candidate must show an outstanding degree of judgment, organization, planning, initiative, flexibility and creativity.
- Must be able to work calmly and reasonably under pressure from demand for production and other exigencies.
- Candidate must be resourceful and very creative, especially since suitable equipment may not always be available.
- Lifting materials up to 50 pounds and carrying up and down steps.
- Push 100-500 pounds of material to draw out exact quantities required for formulation.
- Walking up and down steps, to and fro between various programs as the situation warrants.
- Stand in one or several places for hours on end while making a batch, conducting routine tests, etc.
- Exposure to chemical odors such as DPA, Ammonia and Ethanol.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Customer Focus Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence
- Values Diversity Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemistry, and/or Physical Sciences.
- Energetic experience preferred
- DOD experience preferred
- 3 - 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Self motivated starter with demonstrated maturity and a good sense of responsibility and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills and high degree of integrity.
- Able to interface and work productively with subordinates, peers and upper management.
- Ability to read and write English and compute college level mathematics, including statistics.
- Extensive knowledge in stock preparation, whitewater processing and recovery, manufacturing, molding and finishing.
- Strong interest in pure and applied research to improve product quality and reduce operational costs in all stages of manufacturing.
- Sound ability in technical writing.
4/10 Work Schedule - 40 hour week. Overtime as needed.
Job Location East Camden, Arkansas, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular