Organization: Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) - Octagon
Location: Wayne, PA
Accenture's Life Sciences practice is dedicated to helping life sciences companies overcome industry challenges, achieve their business objectives and deliver improved health solutions to people around the globe. We serve all the top 10 global pharmaceutical companies, 90 percent of Fortune 500 life sciences companies and more than 125 public health organizations.
In October of 2012 Accenture completed its acquisition of Octagon, an industry leader in regulatory and clinical data services. The two companies brought together a powerful combination of domain expertise and global capabilities that enables clients to increase efficiency across the clinical and regulatory process, and reduce the time, cost and effort of bringing new products to market. With services spanning regulatory operations, submissions management, clinical data conversion (CDISC) and clinical data management, Octagon and Accenture will offer the industry's first, comprehensive regulatory services and technologies solution with a global footprint.
As a member of our Octagon team, you will have the opportunity to help grow a new and exciting business. In your new role, within our Octagon organization, you will provide proprietary software assets and industry best practices to deliver best-in-class R&D services to our clients as well as help them to develop business process innovations. With a focus on regulatory services, you will play a key role in helping clients transform their R&D organization to increase speed to market and drive future growth and profitability.
Our Octagon resources can expect to:
Receive ongoing training to build and extend professional, technical and management skills in all areas
Enjoy our comprehensive and generous benefits package
Manager, Training and Development
is responsible for developing and executing a best-in-class learning and development strategy and platform that reinforces professional development and continuous learning at all levels. This position plays a key leadership role in offering learning solutions and experiences for employees to build their knowledge base and enhance their careers at Accenture.
- Designs best in class learning and development solutions that have a measurable impact on employee engagement at Accenture; includes blended learning initiatives, certification programs, methodology, ongoing assessment, documentation, measurement and communication
- Designs, develops and delivers management training programs, and maintains ownership of the Leadership Development strategy
- Establishes partnerships with external educational providers/vendors who can provide custom training and development
- Partners with Senior Leadership Team in identifying the most critical performance and skill gap issues facing the Accenture population and recommends relevant solutions
- Participates in the selection of a learning management system
- Works with HR team in planning and designing all New Joiner education and engagement programs
- Benchmarks best practices with other leading edge companies and conducts on-going research on best practices and learning technologies to continuously improve and enhance educational programs and stay current in the learning field
- Establishes metrics that communicate the impact of the learning and development efforts
- Creates an annual budget for training expenses and manages expenses within the budget; includes identifies ways to decrease cost, increase efficiencies and improve profitability of the Training Department
- Manages and oversees auxiliary learning and development programs and initiatives from the Global Capability Development team
- Serves as Accenture's Performance Improvement consultant and leads all continuous improvement initiatives
- Minimum of 5 years of comparable experience with a measurable record of designing and executing an overall learning strategy
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in a Learning and Development field
- Ability to design and develop best in class solutions to address Accenture's learning and development needs and be knowledgeable of formal learning methodologies, delivery modalities, and models
- Ability to lead, motivate, interact with and influence senior leaders
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Experience with blended learning concepts, instructional design techniques, and adult learning theories
- Ability to document learning platform and curriculum
- Ability to develop and communicate learning and developmental initiatives to managers, senior leaders, and direct reports
- Skills in assessing learning programs, conducting surveys, focus groups, and research
- Ability to confidently speak publicly and facilitate large groups
- Experience with learning evaluation theory and ability to develop metrics and measures to align learning with performance improvement
- Strong client focus and continuous improvement mindset
- Experience with virtual learning delivery methods and systems
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
In accordance with our policies, applicants requiring now or in the future sponsorship for US work authorization will be considered only on an exception basis. See Accenture Global Policy #40, Immigration, and its US Supplement #0043_C51.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accenture is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, with capabilities in consulting, strategy, digital,...