SUMMARY: Put your analytical, logistical, organizational, and communications skills to the test. GMCR is seeking a policy-minded Buyer to ensure adequate packaging supplies and raw materials across multiple production sites. In addition to quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, superior interpersonal skills will be necessary, as you manage supplier relationships, conduct price negotiation, establish packaging specifications, manage inventory levels, and purchase order dispatching forpackaging materials. A mastery of database programs and applications like PeopleSoft enable you to efficiently log, analyze, and report on item attribute data in the system. The successful candidate will wear many hats: you will fulfill our increasingly complex material management requirements, increase SKU mix, bid on major supply relationships, and direct the importing of products.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Buyer II will:
· Identifypackaging material requirements in both quality and quantity specifications for informing RFP or RFQ projects
· Research and perform due diligence to qualify potential suppliers
· Manage projects, including bid outs of supply relationships
· Manage specific supply relationships, including price and term negotiations
· Establish and maintain appropriate inventory levels for assignedpackaging materials, and oversee logistical management of supplies to various production facilities.
The Buyer II must have:
· At least five years’ purchasing experience (food manufacturing and packaging materials experience preferred)
· Bachelor’s degree and/or Accredited Purchasing Professional Certification (preferred)
· Experience in Material Requirements and planning developing inventory policy
· SOX controls knowledge and compliance experience
· Great communication skills — verbal, written, and electronic
· Computer literacy, preferably with database programs, ERP systems, PeopleSoft, and electronic purchase order systems.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday).
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 30+ days ago
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...