Paydici's Web-based billing and payment processing service is always on and always responsive. You understand that reliability entails relentless automation . You provide the foundational automation: host provisioning, configuration, monitoring, data resiliency. Your enemy is the ad hoc. You'd much rather write programs to monitor programs than monitor programs.
Key responsibilities include:
DevOps provides the methodological foundation on which the Paydici service is built. As such, this is a key role in our agile organization.
- OS platform, cloud vendor, and tool selection and implementation
- host provisioning and configuration scripting with Chef, Vagrant, VirtualBox
- system health montitoring, troubleshooting, remediation
- performance and resource utilization monitoring
- capacity planning
Who We Are
Businesses of all kinds struggle with billing their customers, accepting payments, and offering modern conveniences like online account access and paperless billing. Paydici helps small and medium-size businesses take advantage of "utility grade" billing infrastructure off the shelf, by tying together a diverse set of banking technology, electronic payments, mail and remittance processing, accounting, and software endpoints into one hosted service. We’re passionate about helping our customers effortlessly send bills and collect money, and about providing a great user experience to our customer’s customer.
Paydici is revenue-focused and scrappy, well capitalized, and privately funded by professional investors. We’re out to build a great company here in Portland, Oregon with a tight-knit, high-performance team.
We work in a cool Old Town office in the center of a thriving entrepreneurial community. Our culture is casual, and our work schedules are flexible—get your work done and we’re happy. If you want to work from home or coffee shops part of the time, that’s fine. We’re bike & dog friendly (for the right bike and/or dog) and it’s close to great transportation, coffee, and food.
A natural outcome of our culture of accountability is our flexible vacation program. There is no fixed limit on vacation. The day-to-day team situation dictates what's appropriate. The right answer is what works for you two and the team. When your commitments are handled and you need a break: you take a break.
About Our Technology Stack
You Must Have
- a sense of humor
- your own super-powers: work-related and non-work-related!
- solid software engineering practices: agile, story-driven development, source code control (Git), test-driven development
- a solid understanding of web security
- Chef and Ruby mastery
- cloud-based system administration experience
- Ubuntu system administration experience
What We're Offering
- ability and desire to learn new programming languages
- knowledge of scalable, secure system architecture, queue processing, workflow processing architecture
- competitive blended salary (cash+equity) based on your experience — we’re open to working out the right mix for you
- 9 paid holidays per year
- vacation: unlimited, after you've met your commitments
- annual TriMet pass
- bike and dog friendly
- Powell’s Books 1-1 matching —we’ll reimburse you for one book purchased at Powell’s each month
Paydici - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard