Provide daily technical support to researchers and scientists, especially in the area of photosynthesis; participate in technical sales, marketing and product development processes as needed.
Education: MS degree in biological or physical sciences, with special emphasis in photosynthesis research preferred, OR BS degree in biological or physical sciences with applicable experience.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of two (2) years of research experience in an appropriate quantitative technical area involving environmental instrumentation, with preferred experience in photosynthesis instrumentation, including plant gas exchange and leaf chlorophyll fluorescence.
- Experience, or interest and aptitude for providing high quality, responsive customer service.
- Familiarity with the techniques of environmental instrumentation fundamental to plant physiology, ecology, agronomy, or related field.
- Familiarity of mathematical and physical principles as they relate to instrumentation and biological or environmental issues.
- Experience with computers and software, networking & communications.
- High problem solving ability, good attention to detail
- Ability to manage projects and manage multiple priorities
- Self-starter, motivated
- Ability to prepare and give presentations in one-on-one settings or small groups.
- Excellent communications skills in English (verbal and written)
- Team Player. Enjoys and works well with other people in a team environment
- High ethics, integrity, honesty, and patience
- Dependable, positive attitude and good attendance
- Able to travel (US and international)
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT : Provide daily technical assistance to researchers and scientists, communicate with LI-COR scientists and engineers to analyze technical applications and recommend solutions. Analyze and resolve problems relating to instrument use and maintenance, especially for photosynthesis products, including plant gas exchange and leaf chlorophyll fluorescence.
- MARKETING : Participate in developing and reviewing technical and promotional literature. Assist in marketing process by helping gather and assess information about customer needs, competitors, and market trends.
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT : Make recommendations for product improvements. Participate in product design teams as needed. Assist in writing and developing Technical Notes. Assist Product Managers with testing new instrumentation, evaluating software, and recommending applications.
- TECHNICAL SALES : Support technical sales by maintaining customer contact records, explain product benefits and features, recommend instrument configurations, and generate price quote requests and sales orders (as applicable). Participate in technical presentations for customers, workshops, demonstrations, and exhibitions (U.S. and international).
- Read scientific journals, newsletters, product literature and other sources of technical information.
- Medium Work- Exerting 20-50 pounds of occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
LI-COR Biosciences - 14 months ago