The position supports Sales, Trades, Pricing and Operations by performing transportation and costing analysis to identify optimum cargo routes along with the associated costs for all Americas locations. The position is accountable for then establishing and maintaining those routes and costs on a regular basis in APL’s systems. This position is also responsible for accurately establishing and maintaining geographic location information in APL’s systems for all Americas locations.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Setup Americas email inbox (average of 200-250 emails per day) – responsible for 24 hour turn time in responding to internal customers inquiries.
- Timely and accurate updating of inland & ocean routes and costs in SRS and Cost Manager. Perform transportation & costing analysis in order to find optimum cargo routes Dialogue with Transportation team to obtain inland costs. Dialogue with Pacer to obtain rail costs, and to update SIPS/IPP tables.
- Accurate updating of Americas operational costs as needed basis. Dialogue with field personnel to obtain updated costs, and input those costs into Trace.
- Accurate updating of geographic location information in the ELM system on an as needed basis.
- Assist in ensuring efficient systems by working with IT to enhance current systems (ELM/SRS/TRACE/Cost Manager/Schedule Manager).
- Work with Remodel Team to ensure functionality is maintained between old legacy systems and Remodel replacement systems.
- Work with Network Design Manager and Cargo Control to identify and implement routing adjustments needed as a result of changes in deployment, vessel schedules, or other events affecting the network.
- As a yield SME (subject matter expert) the position assists with training and educating Sales/Trades/Pricing/Transportation to insure all users are proficient in yield systems.
- Timely response to internal customer inquiries in Setup Americas inbox
- Timely and accurate route setup and cost entry
- Accurate and efficient systems
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors degree or comparable work experience
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in Sales, Pricing, Trades, Network Management or Operations
- Understanding of yield concept
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Detail oriented with proven ability to get things done accurately, efficiently and timely
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proven customer service skills in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional and diverse backgrounds
- Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people
- Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment
- Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace
- Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal goals through a strong customer focus
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American's with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact mailto: ApplicantAssistance@apl.com for assistance.
APL - 16 months ago
APL's tagline is apt: moving business forward. The company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Singapore's Neptune Orient Lines (NOL),...