- Assist persons with developmental disabilities to plan, implement, arrange, and monitor their support services. Address the persons immediate concerns, using a person-centered plan, to identify their needs and wants.
- Recognize personal strengths, to connect people with natural supports, resources, and professional supports.
- Coordinate and connects individuals for service, makes initial contact, and monitor follow-up activity.
- Assist people with finding satisfying solutions to problems and concerns.
- Provide effective long-term strategies for improving the quality of life for people with developmental disabilities.
- Develop individual budgets for consumer and monitors expenditures within budgets.
- Provide information, education, and technical assistance to support individual with developmental disabilities.
- Provide support to Friendship Connections, meeting community needs, to include developing neighborhood resources, analyzing system needs, coordinating new resources, and resolving access problems.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other agency personnel, community leaders, and neighborhood Friendship Connections members.
- Coordinate training activity that supports individuals and families and promotes a sense of community.
Assist Team Leader with projects, programs and meetings as required.
Work as a collaborative team member to support and back up other Personal Agents as needed.
An undergraduate degree in human services field and 1 yr experience in the area of developmental disabilities, or a combination of 5 years training, volunteer experience and/or other personal experience in the area of developmental disabilities.
Experience working in a team setting.
Reliable transportation; valid Oregon driver’s license with a driving record that permits coverage under the agency’s corporate auto liability policy; and personal automobile liability insurance.
Previous experience in Person Centered Planning and Self-Determination preferred .
Previous budget experience is helpful .
Previous experience working with neighborhoods & human developmental councils preferred .
Ability to communicate in Spanish or another second language is a plus .
Catholic Community Service of the Mid-Willamette Valley - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard