Manager for BI/Reporting Application Team
Job ID #: 86624
Location: NJ-Berkeley Heights
Functional Area: Information Technology
Company: 42151 - AIG Property Casualty Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
Experience Required: 10+ years
Relocation Provided: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0
The employee's primary responsibility is to plan and direct the activities of a Business Intelligence/Reporting IT project team of 5 or more in on-site and offshore environment assembled for the purpose of technical and/or business analysis, design and development of new and re-engineered applications, or the development of system modifications to address business needs.
Project teams may fluctuate in accordance with the needs of the project(s).
Related responsibilities include the following:
* Responsible for all project/system issues within the suite of applications supported
* Project planning with other application project managers / leads
* Manage one or more project teams of employees, consultants, and/or fixed price staff
* Ability to communicate with wide range of levels: database designers, business system analysts, business/user group and technical managers
* Act as a liaison between a specific application group and other parties
* Review business requirement documents for completeness and accuracy
* Ensure the architecture guidelines have been followed in the design and specifications of the applications
* Participate in employee evaluations by monitoring subordinates performance and providing management with feedback for employee evaluation
* Related Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience:
* 10 years of application/solution development experience including significant experience managing one of the following: client server, mainframe or web system programming projects.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Functional knowledge of a variety of technologies and how they work together.
* Project Management and planning skills.
* Ability to use MS Project, Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
* Knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) / Reporting and datamart domain.
* Knowledge of typical BI requirements scope / trade-offs.
* Data focused, including analysis, typical issues including data integration challenges/solutions and high level knowledge of dimensional analysis / design concepts.
* Broad knowledge across the solution stack: Database, Database schema, ETL, Cognos/Reporting tool set, experience in segmenting solution / implementation across above layers.
* Ability to work across the technology silos to formulate high level designs with project team, assist team to diagnose issues and perform trade-off analysis.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIG_LatestNews | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig
Valic - 17 months ago
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in a range of insurance and...