Audio Visual Engineer (Job Number:216953)
The Defense and Maritime Solutions Business Unit has a job opening for an Audio Visual Engineer to work at our customer on Oahu, Hawaii.
Job Description: The Lead Audio Visual Engineer will design, develop, and implement the AV engineering solution for a large Military Construction project. Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Work with other project engineers and stakeholders to plan the strategic roadmap for production technology, anticipating near and long term Audio Visual systems needs.
- Maintain strong working relationships with manufacturers, vendors, integrators, and service contractors, including: Avid, Christie, Sony, DVS, Panasonic, Doremi, JBL, Medialon, AMX, and Apple. System Design
- Propose, design, develop, deploy and implement a robust, effective AV/VTC solution for a large, technically complex Audio Visual/VTC system
- Maintain media engineering standards and practices. Project Leadership
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical projects from initial concept through deployment on schedule and on budget.
- Determine scope of work for vendor service, engineers and technician visits and supervise to ensure the satisfactory completion of the work.
- Conceptualize the design specifications, establish production client requirements, and work with Technical POC to plan project costs, timelines, tasks, and schedule appropriate resources.
Required Education/Skills: Bachelors degree in a related field and 7+ years experience with design and engineering of Audio Visual Systems, and a minimum 4 years in senior/principal engineering role for a major AV system design/installation effort.
Must have or be able to obtain an active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Excellent knowledge of video, audio, and systems engineering principles with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated foresight, creativity, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and resolving complex engineering challenges in a production environment.
- Communication skills, capable of negotiating resolution of critical engineering issues among various technical teams.
- Solid understanding of system administration practices, network methodologies, and high performance storage technology, including IP and serial communication and addressing and an ability to manage and update a LAN.
- Solid experience with Linux, Mac, and Windows operation systems and related hardware.
- Experience with A/V routing, media servers, image processors, projectors and monitors. Expertise in understanding signal flow and synchronization.
- Understanding of studio wiring and infrastructure practices, including video, audio, data, and power distribution. Experience with streaming media software and hardware solutions, streaming servers and CDN’s.
- Competency in Microsoft Outlook / Entourage, Word, Excel, and diagramming software.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to document issues in a clear and thorough yet concise fashion.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jan 21, 2012, 11:27:35 PM
Primary Location: United States-HI-HONOLULU
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 3 years ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...