Safety-Kleen Systems, Inc. has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green . We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
We have more than 4,300 employees across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Together, we are building on almost half a century of innovation by developing new products and services to serve the changing needs of our thousands of customers across a broad range of industries and markets, from local auto shops to major corporations and government agencies. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK . ™
Safety-Kleen is seeking a Route Sales and Service Driver . You will be responsible for safely completing all assigned customer services, meeting customer needs and selling additional services in a defined route while complying with all local, state, and federal rules and regulations, in addition to all Safety-Kleen policies and procedures. We invest in you from day one, by providing you with an exemplary company paid training program, to ensure your success with Safety-Kleen!
- Complete daily scheduled services, deliveries, and pickups in a timely manner.
- Complete all required documentation and labeling.
- Generate / collect leads from customers for new products and services.
- Sell additional products and services into existing accounts.
- Actively prospect for new accounts in assigned route.
- Primary account ownership in assigned route.
- Ensure customer satisfaction at time of service.
- Follow all local, state (provincial) and federal compliance regulations and rules.
- Safely operate vehicles in accordance with U.S. DOT, local, state (provincial) and federal requirements.
- Safely observe all corporate operating guidelines and procedures.
- Observe all company environmental health and safety operating guidelines.
- Required attendance to a continuous (2) two week long on-boarding and regulatory training course that will be held out of town. Expenses (Lodging, Food, Travel) to be paid by Safety-Kleen.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience in direct business to business sales preferred.
- 2+ years of route based sales/service experience preferred.
- Ability to obtain and retain a CDL with HAZMAT endorsement.
- Demonstrate a commitment to environmental compliance and safe work practices.
- Sales aptitude.
- Ability to develop customer loyalty.
- Record of good Judgment/ Decision-Making.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform physical functions per job requirements.
- Ability to work independently while managing time and productivity.
- Integrity and reliability.
- Attention to detail.
- Basic computer literacy and math skills.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Applicant must be able to successfully pass comprehensive security background screenings so as to service all SK customers who are federally regulated by TSA, DOD, DOJ, DHS, etc.
- Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Why should you work with us?
Safety-Kleen embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment where the uniqueness of every individual is respected and the contributions of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is encouraged and valued. We offer great job training, career growth opportunities and competitive pay rates. Our fantastic benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage, flexible spending accounts, disability benefits, life insurance, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement assistance, confidential employee assistance program; and company-paid sick, holiday, and vacation time.
Typical 9-10 hour shift to include sitting, walking and standing, with occasional computer usage. May also climb, bend, kneel, reach, squat, stoop and twist. Must be able to carry, lift, pull, and push from between 10-100+lbs., with repetitive movement of both hands. May be required to wear a respirator. Safety-Kleen Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.