Job Title: Software Development Engineer (.Net / SQL)
Location: New Castle, DE
Are you passionate about leveraging your IT skills to serve the community while advancing your career in the exciting, fast-moving healthcare information technology field?
It's all right here at Christiana Care, where over 300 dedicated and talented staff are committed to using cutting edge technologies to support the Christiana Care mission…COME SEE FOR YOURSELF !!
We are actively recruiting for Software Development Engineers for a full-time position to be located at our New Castle location. Software Development Engineer will be responsible for the development and operation of efficient applications that require technical experience and problem solving ability. In addition, this position provides technical consulting and direction within clinical and business systems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as a liaison/consultant with internal and external customers and confers with them to understand business problems and define and implement solutions.
- Provides expert and leadership guidance to project team members on their work assignments.
- Demonstrates and provides consulting services to CCHS management on corporate-wide application development initiatives.
- Provides timely and cost effective technical solutions to defined business problems.
- Evaluates existing systems to improve their effectiveness and efficiency while reducing operational costs.
- Identifies and conducts cost-benefit studies of systems approaches.
- Develops and maintains quality programs, system, and operational documentation using the established project management methodology.
- Executes all phases of well-defined projects using the defined project management methodology.
- Serves on performance/quality improvement teams.
- Participates in both peer reviews and code reviews for both the Application Development Team and other application developers within IS.
- Develops and executes comprehensive test plans, and reviews/evaluates test results to gain compliance to customer needs.
- Analyzes and selects client/server, desktop and web-based development tools.
- Plans, schedules, and completes all assigned tasks.
- Creates and adheres to application development standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in a discipline related to information technology and customer support.
- Acquired 4 or more years of information technology and system analysis experience.
- Acquired 3 or more years of experience coding client server and/or web base technologies.
- Strong knowledge and experience with web technologies and web-based application development.
- Strong conceptual understanding and practical experience with a web application platform.
- Ability to maintain and develop software in ASP.NET/C#.
- Ability to design relational data models and implement using SQL Server and Transact-SQL.
- General understanding of computer/networking concepts, and ability to troubleshoot application issues.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong team work skills, ability to work closely with cross-functional teams in all phases of software development.
- Capable of self-learning, demonstrated history of acquiring new skills independently.
- Demonstrates a history of continuous improvement of self, team, and work products.
- Ability to learn and apply new skills outside of a traditional developer role. (e.g. Photoshop, Information Architecture, Server Administration, Presentations, User Training)
- Preference for: Advanced knowledge in .NET, ASP.NET, C#.
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, gender identity or expression, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or genetic information.
Job Classification: Information Systems
Job Requisition #: 30412BR
Christiana Care Health Systems - 2 years ago
Christiana Care Health System, headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 22nd in...