Are you seeking to join an organization that has Revolutionary Ideas that are transforming the long-term care industry?
If so, Signature HealthCARE LLC. is the place for you! Signature is opposing the status quo and bringing about a radical transformation in attitude, quality care and quality of life. We are taking a stand and restoring dignity, compassion and trust.
We are currently recruiting for a proven and experienced Nurse (Clinical) Liaison in long term care for our skilled nursing facility we own and operate in Memphis, TN
Position: Nurse/Clinical Liaison
Reports to: Regional Vice President and/or Regional Business Development Director
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
Signature Healthcare is a long-term healthcare provider that is committed to providing an environment of wellness, healing, and independence for its residents.
Conduct clinical field evaluations of patient referrals and call on select institutions and customer groups. Responsible for assessing the needs of patients and directing referrals to targeted company facilities. Based on the needs assessments, the Nurse/Clinical Liaison will develop solutions that meet identified needs, which will result in referrals to selected facilities.
Work at the Home Office will be performed primarily indoors and on carpeted and/or tiled floors. Work will also be performed routinely around other co-workers, healthcare staff, and guests.
Work may also be performed primarily indoors at one of our long-term healthcare facilities, throughout all areas, including in resident rooms, and on carpeted and/or tiled floors. Work will be performed there routinely around other co-workers, healthcare staff, residents, and guests. Due to the nature of facility’s business, worker may be exposed to occasional slippery floors, object on floors, chemicals, sharp objects, hazardous materials and waste (including human), blood¬ borne pathogens, and communicable diseases, as well as high-stress medical and/or life threatening situations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below, and be able to work in the described environment.
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
- Target selected institutions to be determined by VP of Marketing, Chairmen and local Administrators.
- Develop a partnership with Administrators and Chairmen to set expectations.
- Develop and execute a target referral development plan to include: analyzing the local healthcare system; identifying and meeting the needs of institutional customers; marketing our facility’s core competitive advantages; building a core selling message; establishing reach and frequency for target customers and prospects and; coordinating selling strategies and tactics with our facilities.
- Make daily external sales calls on targeted institutions.
- Generate referrals to selected facilities to support their census and quality mix goals.
- Develop a positive working relationship with referral facility staff (Admissions, DON, etc.) to identify and support their needs.
- Assist in building a relationship between facility and targeted institution leadership teams.
- Conduct on-site patient assessments in a timely manner after a referral is given by a hospital discharge planner, case manager, social worker, physician, or family member. Note: Timely refers to assessments completed with a goal of 30 minutes to one hour after referral.
- At assessment, review patient records, which include history and physical, progress notes, nurse’s notes, labs and x-rays, physician orders: obtain any relevant patient information to facilitate a timely admission.
- Assist as needed with pre-admission care planning.
- Interview patient and/or family members as available to determine discharge planning needs (disposition to home or lower level of care).
- Educate patients and families on services and admission standards of participating facilities.
- Prepare and conduct information and in-service presentations for patients, families and facility staff.
- Accompany residents and family members on hospital site visits aimed at evaluating resident/family needs. Coordinates all details for these visitations, ensuring that involved departments are aware of and understand their role in planned visits and initiates discharge planning process.
- Provide education on Medicare/insurance benefits, as needed.
- Work with facility staff to understand census and quality mix goals and referral process expectations.
- Responsible for making recommendations regarding cost effective admission orders (i.e. lab done at the hospital, compliance with physician medication orders, etc.) The Nurse/Clinical Liaison should also complete PPS Clinical Assessment Tool/RUG Estimator/Financial Inquiry Tool.
- Utilize Referral/Admissions Decision Tree to evaluate referrals.
- Utilize Patient Assessment Form to send referrals to facilities.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of state-of-the-art nursing standards of practice.
- Schedule activities and identify educational opportunities for referral sources.
- Build relationships with program managers and key staff to identify and meet their clinical needs.
- Develop and maintain thorough understanding of inpatient and outpatient treatment programs, modalities, philosophies, goals, and objectives.
- Partner with facilities to identify and promote their core competitive advantages.
- Follow up on referrals to ensure customer satisfaction and promote positive clinical outcomes.
- Work with (or is) internal case manager and nursing administration to handle customer issues and complaints; patient care issues, problems and concerns and; takes corrective action when necessary.
- Provide facility management with relevant information and input regarding external developments and opportunities, as well as full details of process improvement needs based on nursing assessment and patient care issues.
- Identify, attend, and represent the facility at related conferences and conventions, as approved by management.
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
o Other professional backgrounds may be considered.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Three (3) or more years of experience in long-term care or related industry.
- One (1) to two (2) years sales and/or marketing experience a plus and case management experience preferred.
- Must understand long-term care business, including census and quality mix goals and referral expectations.
- Participate in appropriate nursing community organizations and outreach activities.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Internet and Intranet navigation.
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
- Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.
o Requires handling of average-weight objects up to twenty five (25) pounds.
- Moderate physical activity:
o Standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
o Sitting for more than two (2) hours at a time.
o Requires computer work with repetitive typing and concentrating on computer screen.
o Travel, including flying and/or driving, for more than one (1) hour at a time.
I understand this job description and its requirements, and that I am expected to complete all duties as instructed and assigned. I also understand that the job functions may be altered from time to time, and that Management has the right to modify this job description at any time, without advance notice to me, except as required by law.
I further understand this description identifies the essential and primary duties and responsibilities of the job, and that it is not intended to detail or contain each and every duty inherent in this job.
We have competitive salaries in long term care based upon experience and GREAT BENEFITS - medical coverage, dental coverage, short-term disability, life insurance, vision insurance, long-term disability, tuition reimbursement, employee referral bonus program, 401K with a company match, paid time off (PTO) and so much more!! ________________________________________
We are founded on the belief that enhancing the quality of life for the aging of America is essential. Humanity and dignity are achievable, and the nation’s elderly population deserves the attention and commitment of dedicated, compassionate care providers.
Our Vision Statement
We want a revolution that will radically change the long-term care landscape forever.
We find ourselves in a time in which there are many hurdles to overcome to simply stay in business, much less to accomplish our goal of unsurpassed resident care. If we choose the path of least resistance, we shall surely meet the same demise as many of our peers and predecessors. Society has systems in place that can work to our disadvantage, and there are those whose purpose is to see us fail. We must face these adversities with resolve, we must overcome obstacles with creativity; we must make our decision with our hearts as well as our minds. Perseverance is required if we are to win the battle of restoring dignity and profitability to the honorable service of caring for others.
Signature HealthCARE’s revolutionary programs and services include:
Spirituality - Each resident and employee has the freedom to practice their beliefs in a faith-based, non-denominational environment. Signature HealthCARE embraces a Chaplaincy program, prayer chains and employee response system to support our divine purpose. The spiritual needs of each resident, their family and employee will be respected.
Quality of Life – Provides resident choice, independence and a lifetime journey of active aging. Residents are encouraged to achieve their dreams which may include white water raft¬ing, sky diving and helicopter rides, or something as simple as fishing and enjoying a picnic.
Resident-Centered Care - Each facility customizes the nursing care for each resident, to provide high quality care, utilizing a team-based clinical pathways focus.
Agency-Free Staffing – Signature HealthCARE nursing and rehabilitation professionals are not temporary contractors. They are stakeholders wearing one uniform with one goal of delivering quality care and improved medical outcomes.
Uncommon Rehabilitation Outcomes – Last year, nearly 4,000 of our residents re¬turned home to enjoy their families, after receiving therapy in a Signature HealthCARE facility, thanks to the dedication of Speech, Occupational and Physical Therapy stakeholders!
Hall of Fame Café - Is a moving tribute that celebrates, honors, and recognizes the lives and legacies of those residents who have distinguished themselves during their lifetime. The Hall of Fame Café ensures that we will never forget...and that they will never be forgotten.
Please call or email me with any questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Clinical Recruiter - TN
Signature Consulting Services, LLC
888.364.8013 - TOLL FREE
561.795-7304 - FAX
Signature HealthCARE LLC. - 12 months ago
Signature HealthCARE is a comprehensive health care resource for patients, families and professionals alike. We know that when it comes to c...