Software Development Tools Engineer-INF0004212
About the General Motors Tools Services Team team:
GM is enabling the IT transformation by driving latest technology trends into software development. The tools services team plays a key role by executing a wide variety of projects and tasks in support of key software development initiatives. The tools initiatives span the entire lifecycle of the development projects and entails continuous improvement. This team leverages their expertise to advise and coach on tools for effective software development. This is a “how-to” group for software development.
About the role:
The Software Development Tools Engineer provides deployment, configuration and training services on tools leveraged to design and develop software with sound, repeatable, industry best practices and in accordance with GM's software development process. This role will provide tools expertise and support to ensure appropriate utilization of development tools for the entire lifecycle of the project from conception to deployment into production. The Software Development Tools Engineer will review the usage of development tools to ensure the highest standards in software development.
- At least 7 years of software development tools implementation experience across full lifecycle of software development
- Understanding of code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, test management, identification of code metrics, and object-oriented design and analysis processes
- Experience in configuring software development tools in areas of performance tuning, usability, automation, application lifecycle management, code management, security, software cost estimation, portfolio management, software modeling, and database design.
- Experience in designing and implementing code asset management tools and reusable code libraries, design/frameworks
- Experience in designing and developing custom workflows in tools using standardized work processes, APIs, objects, and methods
- Knowledge of integrating different software tools to drive automated traceability of requirements to code, to test, and deployment of code components into production
Why General Motors?
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Experience in software development processes and methods
- User Training and Communications experience in a large-scale environment
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location: US-MI-Warren
Posting Date : Feb 9, 2013, 6:01:38 PM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
General Motors - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...