JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Specialist
REPORTS TO: Quality Assurance Manager
HOURS: 7:00 pm – 7:30 am on a rotating 2-2-3 schedule
JOB PURPOSE : This position is responsible for linking Quality Assurance and the manufacturing operation around the development of systems and improvement of processes. This will involve coordinating activities and providing resource support for diverse teams with complementary objectives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE :
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES :
- Known technical resource for product quality and coordinator of new products, changes, plant trials and materials.
- Ensures plant compliance with GMP’s, HACCP, third party audits and other state / federal regulations.
- Responsible for coordinating customer expectations from Sales and R&D with manufacturing capabilities.
- Facilitates and leads continuous improvements in people, processes and product systems.
- Instrumental in leading problem solving teams to identify and resolve root cause issues.
- Understands the plant operations and the critical processing points for product safety, consistency and efficiency.
- Leads the transformation of data, through KPI’s, into meaningful information to make business decisions.
- Develops and monitors SOP’s for quality systems.
- Provides training support to the manufacturing team and other internal and external customers.
- Train resources in the use of measurement, analysis, and decision-making tools, such as Six Sigma, TPM etc.
- Successfully performs routine product testing activities and other duties of the QA lab staff.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- Strong technical skills in the area of food / bakery science including knowledge of ingredient interaction and application.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to learn and understand manufacturing equipment
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to create standard procedures and documentation
- Proven ability to integrate people, resources, and systems.
- Enjoys facilitating change and leading improvement efforts.
- Solid and demonstrated ability to solve problems.
- Proven ability to provide direct and indirect leadership of people, projects, and activities.
- Solid background in development and improvement of fundamental manufacturing and quality-related systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Flexible, adaptable, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and detailed oriented.
- Strong background in SPC and other measurement / analysis tools.
- Computer application usage skills in Word, Excel, WMS and Enterprises software systems to manage data for decision making.
- Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills.
The policy of Continental Mills, Inc. is to hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, presence of sensory, mental or physical disability, Vietnam veteran, or national origin.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science/Related Field (i.e. Biology or Chemistry) required or a minimum of 10 years experience in R&D/QA setting working with ingredient application
- 2 years leadership experience in food manufacturing and quality assurance.
- Experience in the design and development of manufacturing and quality systems.
- Experience with GFSI/BRC audit requirements and needs
Continental Mills - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard