Basic Job Function:
Responsible for generating revenue from the sale of new products and services, developing client relationships and representing LexisNexis Business of Law Software Solutions at Industry events. Drive revenue within the Business Development Software Solutions LexisNexis offers including InterAction, atVantage, and Redwood's Client Analysis Modules in the Western U.S region (including Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle).
1. Meet/exceed annual sales quota.
2. Successfully manage complete sales cycle from initial leads to deal closure via structured sales methodologies.
3. Responsible for driving revenue through new business sales within the assigned geographical territory.
4. Demonstrate superior professional presence and business acumen.
5. Sell at the highest levels within a large law firm utilizing advanced, consultative sales skills. This will include presentations at the Chairman, CIO, CMO and Managing Partner level.
6. Adept at and comfortable with a team selling approach including use of pre-sales and professional services resources.
7. Submit accurate and timely reporting of territory activity and observations on industry trends on a weekly basis.
1. A hunger for success and passion for cultivating client relationships.
2. Highly developed speaking and presentation skills. Documented examples must be provided and include proven success in selling at the chairman, CIO, CMO, Managing Partner level.
3. Advanced consultative sales experience
4. 5+ years experience selling enterprise software to the legal industry - Client Intelligence, CRM solutions experience a plus
5. Advanced familiarity with and understanding of law firm marketing / business development.
6. Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and manage time and territory effectively.
7. Bachelor's Degree and Minimum five years sales experience required, with two years legal sales experience preferred.
8. A JD, while not required, is a plus as is legal marketing experience.
9. Resident in territory highly preferred.
10. Position requires 50-60% short-term overnight travel with occasional weekend duties at conferences or trade shows as directed.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
LexisNexis - 19 months ago
Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers...