This is a franchise job posting,
Director of Banquet Operations,
Providence Marriott Downtown, Providence RI.
Please do not apply for this job online. Please contact the property directly at
401-553-0404 or via email at
Talent Acquisition Solutions
Recruiting Operations and Delivery on behalf of Marriott International, Inc.
Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in providing high quality service based on requirements and standards. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection. Provides clear and concise communications to everyone having ownership in the success of the event. Identifies training opportunities and plans a strategy to accomplish goals.
The ideal candidate will have:
Relocation is offered and may or may not include a real estate program for existing homeowners.
- A strong background in banquets AND event set up
- Be able to think on their feet
- Previous experience managing a team and exhibiting leadership
- Superior Associate relations skills
- Excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Experience training and mentoring and adhering to standards
Skills and Knowledge
- Customer and Personal Service
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents. - Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
- Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
- Aligning Performance for Success - Skilled at focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Building a Successful Team - Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
- Building Trust - Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
- Customer Focus - Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers' needs.
- High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making - Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
EDUCATION: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High School diploma required, college degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Position requires 3+ years previous Food & Beverage and Banquet Operation experience. Demonstrated leadership qualities.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Food Service Sanitation Certification, TIPS Certification, CPR certification preferred.
APPEARANCE: Highly professional appearance, ability to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. (specific standards available) OTHER: Additional language ability preferred.
Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills are required.
Marriott - 2 years ago
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing...