Senior Military Plans Analyst (Part Time / On-Call)
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
This position is
part-time / on-call employment
. Personnel hired for this position will be utilized to fulfill authorized labor requirements outside the scope of resident full time employees.
Time on assignments per year are unlikely to exceed 1,000 hours annually
***This position requires a
level security clearance, eligible to obtain SCI access to start. If you do
possess at least that first requirement,
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY
; as you will
Join Northrop Grumman Technical Services and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. We are seeking a Part Time / On-Call
Senior Military Plans Analyst
to join our team in Suffolk, VA.
This position will provide direct support to the Joint Staff J7 Joint and Coalition Joint Training Branch and Deployable Training Team observer teams in their mission of conducting joint and multi-national training. The candidate will provide senior military analytical research and mentoring for preparatory and support activities throughout the Joint Event Life Cycle to include planning conferences, academic seminars, event execution and post event analysis. The candidate is responsible for aiding assigned observer trainers in crafting input to after action reviews, analyzing organizational performance as a result of a wide range of training events, to include academic seminars, operational maneuvers and simulation driven training, providing written products to support collection plans, systemic and functional lessons learned, both in written reports. These lessons are applicable to current and emerging joint operational procedures and serve as the basis for future training requirements. This position also supports opportunities for education and training for joint force commanders and their battle staffs, and focuses on the joint and combined operational and strategic levels of war.
Ideal candidate would have experience with Joint Command and Control procedures, battle staff processes at the Strategic and Operational levels of warfare, to include knowledge management processes, operations center activities, mission command concept, and inter-organizational dynamics. Would also have thorough experience in the compilation and presentation (in both written and oral formats) of lessons learned and presentation of seminars/study groups for flag officers.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Must be experienced with joint deliberate and crisis action planning
• Excellent and well founded, written and oral communication skills are essential
• Requires familiarity with the Commander's decision making process and mission command concepts
• Must have a minimum of six (6) years specific and related experience providing military analytical research
• Must be willing to travel (to include areas considered hazardous duty) to support worldwide training events
• B.A./ B.S. in related field and six (6) years position related experience required; (4) yrs exp w/ M.A. / M.S.
• Institutional knowledge of the processes, procedures, & activities performed by the supported battle staff in the execution of the daily battle rhythm is required
• Requires no less than three (3) years experience on a Combatant Command, Joint Task Force, Functional and Service Components, Division, Afloat Staff or Wing staff level.
Must be a U.S. Citizen with an Active Top Secret level security clearance, eligible to obtain SCI access, to start.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Masters of Science or Arts degree is a plus.
• Graduate of Joint Forces Staff College (JFSC) or School of Advance Military Studies (SAMS) or equivalent professional military education.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...