Position Title: Websphere Portal Administrator/Engineer
Position Location: Scarborough, ME or Salisbury, NC
This position will be the primary Administrator and Engineer for the WebSphere Portal 7.x platform. Responsibilities include architecture and design, planning, installation, configuration, support and ongoing maintenance of all WebSphere Portal 7.x middleware related products residing on IBM hardware. The individual will be required to work across functional groups and act as a project lead. The candidate will be part of a team of technologists that will support a highly available application. Acts as a consultant to others within the information technology department to share information and advise other development and infrastructure efforts.
- Expert level understanding of WEBSPHERE PORTAL SERVER with 5+ years of experience on the installation, support, development, and administration side of WebSphere Portal
- Experience in setting up integrated security access to IBM Websphere Portal and Single Sign-On to other applications (such as Lotus Sametime or Lotus Notes). Experience in configuration of IBM Websphere Portal credential vault. Experienced in working with IBM Tivoli Access Manager.
- In-depth experience with WEBSPHERE MQ, and WEBSPHERE MESSAGE BROKER, and WEBSPHERE APPLICATION SERVER
- EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Expert level understand of IBM Web Content Management (WCM) with content served via Websphere Portal
- Experienced in the development of successful portals including Technical Site Design and Infrastructure/Architecture experience and rolling out portal technologies
- Expert level experience in installation, configuration, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of Websphere Portal Server in clustered environments on IBM AIX systems.
- Understand wiring for drag and drop, wireframes, templates, security, and MVC
- Well versed in web application security and ability to work with security professionals to insure a secure web application platform
- Redhat or Suse Linux, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 – to current, IBM WebSphere Portal on Unix (preferred IBM AIX), IBM HTTP Server and Apache Server on Linux and Unix.
- Creates and implements strategies for code deployment in a heterogeneous clustered web service environment.
- Administers WebSphere Portal applications, which includes configuration, clustering, administration, performance tuning, deploying portlets/ pages, for portal applications.
- Understanding of how WebSphere Portal fits into an overall SOA architecture
- Ability to install and configure HTTP servers, DB2, and WebSphere Edge Components
- Work with Information Technology professionals across the organization and across banners.
- Ability to author and customize WebSphere Portal themes and skins, author and deploy templates
- This position will be providing 24x7 tier III support for IBM middleware applications.
- Overall information technology experience: 10+ Yrs
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related discipline
IBM certified WebSphere administrator WAS 7/8
IBM certified WebSphere administrator WPS 7/8
IBM certified WCM administrator WPS 7/8
FoodLion - 17 months ago
Belgian food retailer Delhaize "Le Lion" has one big cub -- Delhaize America. With some 1,625 supermarkets and discount grocery...