The roll tender is responsible for maintaining paper on the press by loading and splicing of paper rolls to promote continuous runs on the press. To do this, the roll tender will keep three rolls of paper at the back of the roll stand ready to pull into the stand as needed. In addition, the roll tender performs the following duties:
- MAINTAINS ACCURATE PAPERWORK
- DAILY HOUSEKEEPING (UNITS, INK FOUNTAINS, FLOORS, WORK TABLES, RECYCLE AREA)
- MAINTAINS INK, WATER, PAPER AND ASSISTS ON PLATE CHANGES
- MAINTAINS BEARER OILERS
- COVERS OTHER ROLLTENDERS FOR LUNCH BREAKS
- ASSISTS PRESSMEN/ASSISTANTS ON JOGGER LUNCH BREAKS
- VACUUMS/MOPS ANY PRESS SPILLS (INK, OIL, WATER)
- RUNS FLOOR SCRUBBER ONCE A SHIFT ON DESIGNATED PRESS
- KEEPS CARDBOARD REPLENISHED ON FRONT END OF PRESS
- ASSISTS CREW ON MAKE-READIES AND WEB-OUTS
- TAKES READERS INTO PLATE ROOM ON EVERY MAKE-READY/VERSION CHANGE
- PERFORMS ANY OTHER JOB RELATED TASKS INSTRUCTED BY SUPERVISOR OR PRESSMEN
Hand/finger dexterity is needed to manipulate paper rolls and for use of hand-held tools. Physical requirements include hand coordination, kneeling, bending, walking, standing for long periods of time, lifting up to 50 pounds (shaft), bending, stooping , kneeling, pulling, pushing, crawling and overhead reaching. Vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color (for promotional advancement), six months experience required and must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
Quad/Graphics is the quintessential American business success story. By doing things differently and better for more than 40 years,...