Are you an experienced medical records instructor looking for a great opportunity with an outstanding company? Do you want to be part of a high energy team that helps students to further their careers and change their lives? Would you like to work for a company that offers plenty of room to grow and an excellent compensation plan?
The selected candidate will be responsible for training and supporting students, leading structured labs, counseling current and potential students on their career paths, planning and managing small-scale support projects, and assisting with all aspects of ongoing student support.
Must be able to work flexible work hours (Daytime, evening and some Saturdays)
Salary commensurate with experience. If you're committed to your students' success and are ready for an opportunity with tremendous growth potential, we'd like to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
Experience teaching Medical Billing and Coding is required.
- Knowledge of medical records coding procedure and techniques in inpatient/outpatient coding (ICD-9cm, CPT-4, HCPCS and DRG, RUGS, UB-92s, HCFA 1500)
- Knowledge of medical billing procedure associated with Medicare (Part A and Part B), Medicaid and 3rd Party Insurance. Familiarity with MediSoft Patient Accounts Software a plus
- Medical transcription skills, including editing and proofreading, to transcribe healthcare professionals' dictated recordings into medical reports
- Knowledge of medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology, medical law and ethics including HIPAA
- Knowledge of coding conventions and ethical guidelines, medical reimbursements and denials, state and Federal rules and regulations
- Experience in one or more areas of clinical, acute care, physician's office or long term care facility
- AHIMA-CCA Certification Required
- Experience with Microsoft Office XP Suite
-College degree, High School or GED
-3 years of teaching experience or 5 years on the job experience
Medical Coding - Students are trained to work as a medical coding specialist, medical records technician and similar jobs. The program typically takes 36 week to complete.
Medical Billing - Students are trained to submit claims and patient statements for reimbursement of services as well as other tasks for a healthcare business. The program takes approximately 24 weeks to finish.
Medical Administrative Assisting - The program prepares students for entry-level jobs as a Medical Secretary, Medical Billing Clerk, Medical Records Technician and other related jobs. The program takes approximately 20 weeks to complete.
Pharmacy Technician - Students are trained to assist pharmacists with filling prescriptions, ordering supplies, compounding medications and other tasks. The program usually take 32 weeks to complete.
MyComputerCareer.com is an equal opportunity employer