Position Summary: Oklahoma City University is seeking an Assistant Athletic Director, Compliance. This position serves as chief Eligibility Certification Officer at OCU for NAIA compliance for academic athletic eligibility. Assists in the development of select departmental policies and procedures, oversees special activities and projects as assigned. University representative for transfer articulation for prospective and current students. Assists with athletic event management, marketing, and development. The Assistant Athletic Director reports to the Athletic Director.
Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
Two to five years experience as an advisor or administrator working with students. Experience in a higher education environment preferred. Familiarity with NAIA and NCAA rules and regulations preferred. Must be able to operate effectively and tactfully under high stress conditions. Must be flexible and innovative when facing firm deadlines for assignments. Must be proactive to ensure that athletic compliance is met as well as to expand and maintain the transfer articulation information.
- Certifies student academic athletic eligibility in compliance with all NAIA and Sooner Athletic Conference academic requirements. Monitors academic status of student athletes from admission to graduation; including major declaration, degree progress, academic standing and enrollment status. Analyzes operating procedures and maintains record keeping systems for academic athletic eligibility purposes. Attends professional conferences and workshops related to academic compliance requirements for the NAIA and the Sooner Athletic Conference. Act as a liaison between OCU and the NAIA Eligibility Center.
- Responsible for maintaining online transfer articulation matrix. Ensure student transfer petitions are evaluated in a timely fashion. Input all approved transfer articulation information into the Banner student information system.
- Assists with on-campus athletic event management. To include Special Events, Soccer, Basketball, Wrestling, Volleyball, Baseball, and Sotfball.
- Oversee and manage Athletic Scholarship accounts to insure compliance with NAIA regulations and assist coaches in remaining within budget constraints.
- Assists with fund-raising activities within the Athletic Department to include the Champions Club Booster Group, Sports Spectacular, and other efforts.
For more information about Oklahoma City University Athletics: http://www.ocusports.com/
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines.
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens.
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone.
OCU’s salary compensation structure can be found at: http://www2.okcu.edu/hr/forms/paygrade.pdf
Oklahoma City University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Oklahoma City University - 20 months ago