In order to apply, please visit http://www.applitrack.com/choice/onlineapp.
The fundamental belief of TOPS is that all children are capable of achieving excellence in their academic endeavors and can be prepared for active citizenship in their communities. We empower all students with the academic knowledge and skills, work habits, and character traits to gain access to the American Dream.
- Valid Michigan teaching certificate with endorsements in appropriate grade.
- Demonstrated competence as a teacher in all areas of focus.
- Able to use technology as an instructional tool in the classroom, as a means of analyzing academic achievement data, and as a tool to aid effective communications.
- Excellent verbal and written expression using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Exemplary work habits verified by previous employers.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and skills working with At-Risk students.
To assure the smooth and efficient operations of the media center/technology laboratory by
coordinating technology operations of the Academy which enables students and teachers to achieve educational excellence for all children.
- Manages the media center/library and computer laboratory of the Academy.
- Supervises the use of technological, instructional, and communications media of the Academy.
- Provides tutorials to staff and students as needed.
- Teaches students knowledge and skills to use computers as tools for learning, responsible recreation, and research.
- Supervises responsible use of the Internet by students and staff and maintains system security.
- Assists teachers in the selection of books and other instructional materials and makes the media center materials available to supplement the instructional program.
- Cooperates with Academy staff to determine appropriate use of computers for instruction.
- Counsels with and gives reading guidance to students who have special reading problems or unusual intellectual interests.
- Coordinates with purchase, distribution, and inventorying of computer hardware and software.
- Serves in an ex officio capacity to the curriculum committee to select and integrate proper technologies and software to exceed instructional objectives.
- Maintains a comprehensive and efficient system for cataloging materials and equipment and instructs teachers and students on proper use of the system.
*Choice Schools Associates is an Education Service Provider for ten charter schools in Michigan and is the employer. Employees are provided to the public school academy (charter school) Board of Directors through an agreement with Choice Schools Associates. EEOC