The Riparian at Rivers Run
An exceptional opportunity to be a part of an active, vibrant university-based Senior Living Community focused on learning and growing. The Rivers Run development is a collaboration with the Rochester Institute of Technology and home to the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at RIT.
The Maintenance Director will be responsible for the daily maintenance of an 82- apartment unit building and community center for seniors, its grounds and equipment as well as be responsible for the supervision of the housekeeping staff. Rivers Run recently has received NYS DOH Part One approval to provide additional supportive services to community members. This position is an integral part of the management team ensuring compliance with NYS DOH regulations inclusive of fire and life safety.
- Relevant work experience in Independent Senior Living and a NYS DOH-licensed program
- Proficiency in basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, equipment repair and use of hand and power tools
- Knowledgeable in Fire and Life Safety regulations and equipment
- Experience in managing work order system and preventive maintenance programs
- Demonstrated success in management of expenses, service contracts, ordering, purchasing, bid generation and renovation projects
- Supervisory experience of a housekeeping team
- Strong leadership and communication skills combined with a passion for working with seniors
- Associate’s Degree or trade school in related field preferred
- Minimum of one year’s experience at a supervisory level
- Knowledge of building codes as well as fire and safety regulations
- Experience in NYS DOH licensed community
About Rivers Run:
Rivers Run is a senior living and lifelong learning community offering university-based living in collaboration with the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). In addition to the amenities and activities offered by Rivers Run, through our relationship with RIT, community members have opportunities to learn, experience camaraderie and participate in the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at RIT, located at Rivers Run. Rivers Run is owned and operated by Living Communities, LLC, a Rochester, NY-based real estate company with a specialization in developing senior living and life-long learning communities in cooperation with higher education institutions.
Please submit letter of interest, salary expectations and resume to:
Jeff Rowoth, Executive Director
50 Fairwood Drive
Rochester, NY 14623
Indeed - 9 months ago