This Product Development Manager is responsible for assisting and supporting the Design and Product Management Director in development of timelines, presentations and solutions that will provide new functionality and services to the Design/Product Management and Merchant Teams. This position is accountable for producing, tracking and communicating various timelines and projects to the Merchant, Design Team and all cross-functional teams to meet all deadlines. This role provides a single point of contact for these projects and is responsible for seeing the functionality through implementation. The objectives will be met through working with the Design and Product Management Director, Merchants, Product Management and cross functional teams to develop the best possible product based on the business needs and to meet deadlines. This positions reports directly to the Design and Product Management Director of Home. |
- Manages day to day operational aspects and scope of a Product Development project. Specific category comp shops, vendor assist communication and approvals; packaging standard adherence and alignment; marketing assistance and presentation management.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Develops close partnership with the Senior Directors and Divisional Merchandise Managers to help fulfill their existing responsibilities as well as develop and define their future priorities.
- Works to the calendars defined by the Vice President/General Merchandise Manager of Home Fashions, Global Sourcing and D/PM Director and ensures all deadlines are met.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to all cross functional partners: technical Design, Merchandising, Sourcing and Packaging.
- Delivers engaging, informative and well-organized proposals and presentations. Including comp shops for each assigned product category, style guides for vendor assist product and in-store execution/planograms.
- Maintains up to date information by monitoring competitors and vendor partners. Occasionally travels to appropriate trades shows.
- Partners with Merchants, Design, Technical Design and Sourcing to schedule Line-Review and all Sample Review presentations.
- Works with Trend/Brand to communicate direction for new in-store or signage concepts.
- Reports top sellers by category and by week to all cross functional partners.
- Motivates associates to meet personal and project goals to complete delivery of functionality.
- Seeks and follows direction from D/PM Director to prepare for presentation set-up, walk-throughs and meetings.
Strives to become industry expert in assigned product category.
5 - 10 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education
Bachelors Level Degree
Sears Holdings Corp. - 19 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...