Title: Director, Pharmacy - Billings, MT
Location: Montana-Billings-Billings Clinic
Job Number: 10001981JOB TITLE: Director, Pharmacy
At Cardinal Health, we''re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Function: Pharmacy Operations
Family: Health System Pharmacy
What Health System Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated healthcare providers; may also consult with and advise healthcare team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
What is expected of you and others at this level in Pharmacy Operations for functional success
Accountabilities in this role
- Manages professional employees and/or supervisors; may manage business support, technical or production staff
- Has accountability for managing financial resources
- Provides technical guidance to employees
- Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies
- Has in-depth expertise in own job family and knowledge of the related job families
- Applies expertise to improve effectiveness and provide guidance to employees in own area
- Makes decisions, often difficult and/or unpopular, that impact the work of subordinates within job family; influences subordinates to support decision by presenting rationale/business case
- Role models Cardinal Health''s high ethical standards and code of conduct
- Recognizes development needs and capability gaps in own area and arranges specific projects/assignments to address needs
- Proactively identifies talent internally and externally, including participation in succession planning process for job family
- Cascades organizational goals through the function/work area to the individual level and ensures individuals understand how they can contribute
- Builds confidence and respect of others through a positive and energizing style
- Accepts responsibility for establishing goals and achieving results within own job family, holding self and others accountable for results
- Manages budget for own area and allocates resources accordingly, applying knowledge of profit drivers within own area/job family
- Interprets internal/external business issues and adapts work priorities in own area
- Assists in the definition of strategic plans for own work team/job family or key product(s)/service(s)
- Works with customers to anticipate and interpret customer needs and business challenges
- Identifies quality and service-oriented customer solutions and shares key learnings with others
- Resolves operational problems that impact the effectiveness of own area
- Encourages subordinates to strive for operational excellence by continually challenging old methods or ways of thinking and taking responsible risks to maximize results; serves as a role model in innovative thinking and in focusing on quality within work
- Works collaboratively with internal/external groups to achieve business results, integrating the diverse perspectives of individuals of different backgrounds; coaches others in the dynamics of effective teamwork
- Effectively solicits and explains difficult concepts and persuades others to adopt a point of view; states own point of view
- Supervise the inpatient pharmacy manager and the outpatient pharmacy manager.
- Bachelor''s degree in pharmacy required; PharmD preferred
- 3-5 years related inpatient pharmacy experience
- Ability to develop, implement and lead all aspects of pharmacy operation
- Must have an active Montana pharmacy license in good standing with the state board or the ability to acquire one.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $91 billion health care services company that improves the...