Posting Title: Associate Systems Engineer (Commercial Pre-sales) Denver, CO
About Us: VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, two areas that consistently rank as top priorities among CIOs.
VMware delivers award-winning, customer-proven solutions that accelerate IT by reducing complexity and enabling more flexible, agile service delivery. Our solutions help organizations of all sizes, lower costs, increase business agility and ensure freedom of choice. We are searching for people who are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead to join our team of more than 9,000 employees in 40+ locations worldwide working to develop innovative solutions that deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. Having the audacity to challenge constraints and problem-solve for tomorrow starts today, and it starts with you. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
Job Description The Associate SE will provide support to the VMware Commercial Sales Team and Channel in pursuit of cloud infrastructure business opportunities. They are expected to help accelerate and close business within a geographic territory or defined set of accounts. Typical duties include creating customized onsite presentations and demonstrations; assisting customers and partners with product evaluations and product feature/benefit discussions; assisting with solution designs and/or proposal development and responses; and enabling VMware Partners. The Associate SE will go through an intense boot camp once joining the company, and will continue to build strengths by learning from Systems Engineers and other Technical Services personnel. The role, responsibilities and geographical focus can change and develop over time.
- Must learn and maintain current knowledge of complete VMware product set and be able to describe key features and benefits of each
- Provide pre-sales technical support to sales teams, partners and ultimately customers
- Deliver onsite and remote product and solution presentations and demonstrations
- Assist with the training of sales and VMware Partner personnel
- Develop and deliver responses to customer and prospect technical inquiries, including RFPs, RFIs, and initial architecture discussions
- Provide evaluations and proof-of-concept assistance to partners and customers
- Participate in SE discussion forums
- Document customer feature requests and issues
- Assist product development in testing new products
- Keeps abreast of developments within industry and the organization
- Establish positive working relationships - internal and external
- Territory Account Executives (TAEs)
- VMware Channel Partners
- Regional Sales Management
- Regional Inside Sales Management and Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs)
- Other VMware SE's
- Pre-sales experience is not required, but must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team and customer-facing environment
- Candidates should be motivated, self-starters with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates must possess exceptional organizational and planning skills and have the innate ability to multitask
- Ability to build and present high quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences.
- Good understanding of virtualization concepts and competitive positioning knowledge is essential
- Hands-on experience building and maintaining a virtual infrastructure in a production environment and/or experience in a systems management or cloud architecture role
- Experience troubleshooting system level problems including server failure, OS tuning, and networking problems
- Strong IT infrastructure technical skills including x86 Server platforms, Windows Server and Linux operating system expertise, SAN / NAS storage technologies and TCP/IP networking
- Experience with enterprise applications, systems management, high-availability and/or backup solutions
- Qualification in business or engineering discipline or equivalent training and industry experience
- Travel approximately 40%
At VMware, your On-Target Earnings are real, not virtual. We offer a competitive base salary plus a monthly commission which is tied directly to your team's quota attainment. Of course, given our growth, many of our teams surpass quota and enjoy the benefits of a plan that includes commission accelerators.
The flexibility of being "home-office" based; all new, top of the line hardware; quick and comprehensive expense reporting and reimbursement; company sponsored medical, dental, and vision coverage; stock equity program; 401K match; profit sharing; employee stock purchase program (ESPP); and 3 weeks of PTO plus holidays for all new employees.
Location: Denver, CO, US
Is this a remote or multiple location position? Yes
Requisition Number: 29530BR>
api_key: uBMdM5h9vp0TL2s0mHuH16Y_xjEArMsklquL3rK5f86WDP0XXhwqF1gHvKhD9ECaonLoad: onLinkedInLoadauthorize: true
iCIMS Social Distribution - 2 years ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...