Classification : Non-Benefit Eligible
This assignment is scheduled from 5/18/2013-8/9/2013.
The day camp counselor is responsible for providing supervision and care for the participants of the day camp, ages 5-13.
· Provide constant supervision of and be a positive role model for camp participants
· Maintain accurate attendance records showing the movement of assigned participants throughout the day.
· Monitor and advise participants to follow camp rules in order to ensure their safety.
· Monitor the activity areas for potential safety hazards and make any correction to provide a safe camp experience.
· Provide leadership participation with assigned activities.
· Report any concerns related to participant discipline to Camp Director.
· Maintain appearance and demeanor that communicated confidence, confidentiality, and professionalism.
There will be a mandatory training session before camp starts on May 18, 2013.
Lunch is provided while counselors supervise children during the lunch period.
Typical work hours are: M-F 7:30am-5:15pm. There are 15 positions available.
Lifting and carrying (up to 50 lbs.). Extensive walking. Working in outdoor conditions.
Working outdoors in summer climate typically found in northeastern Illinois. Some indoors work as well. Setting in Benedictine University campus, Lisle, IL.
Tools and Equipment:
Playground equipment, indoor games, arts and crafts, video equipment, computers.
Qualifications : Have completed freshman Year College; have experience working with children in a supervisory manner; i s employable under Benedictine University employment policies.
Application Process: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references.
MUST HAVE PERMANENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE U.S.A.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benedictine University - 17 months ago