Join Diplomatic Language Services (DLS), a highly-regarded, Arlington, VA-based language services provider, for the opportunity to take this government contractor into the commercial market space. With a successful 25-year history of providing language and cultural training and other related services to the US government, DLS is a fast-growing and dynamic organization looking to extend its market reach. DLS is seeking an ambitious, capable Account Manager to crack open the commercial barrier through hard-hitting lead generation, compelling and effective client presentations, and thorough follow up with all potential and existing customers.
As a key team member driving our revenue growth and increasing our market share, you will:
- Plan and implement strategies to sell DLS’s product and services to new customers, growing year-over-year sales results.
- Identify new sources of business, prospect and contact potential customers in commercial markets to generate interest and introduce the company's services.
- Meet with prospective customers to understand their current and future requirements and present the suit of product and service offerings of DLS.
- Conduct professional presentations, prepare quotes and draft customized proposals explaining how DLS's services meet the customer's short-term and strategic needs.
- Provide ongoing account management on new/key accounts.
- Collaborate with the government business development team to identify and pursue cross-selling opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 4 years of sales experience in the commercial sector with a track record in achieving sales targets and closing deals.
- Proven ability to source and contact decision makers to arrange meetings to sell and promote products and services.
- Proven ability to successfully manage a portfolio of commercial customer accounts.
- Proven networking and negotiation skills.
- Willingness to participate in both ground-level sales calls and higher-level strategic planning.
- Self-motivated, with a can-do, positive attitude.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
- Knowledge of one or more foreign languages.
- Understanding of the government landscape and needs/requirements for cultural training.
- Experience in the translation or language services industry.
In addition to exciting career challenges and opportunities, DLS offers a dynamic, multicultural environment and a calendar of fun cultural events. To apply, please email us your resume and cover letter with desired salary. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. DLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.