Job Title: Part-time Administrative Assistant to Principal Scientist
Company: Boston Biochem, Inc.
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Boston Biochem is a fast-paced, rapidly growing subsidiary of R&D Systems, Inc. with extensive expertise in the disciplines of protein biochemistry. Boston Biochem manufactures a full range of specialized reagents for the study of the ubiquitin-proteasome and related pathways. Boston Biochem is an equal opportunity employer.
Major responsibilities include assisting the Principal Scientist in day-to-day activities that include, but are not limited to:
- Working with in-house scientific staff and off-site parent company staff in the transfer of new product information
- Looking up part numbers in parent company database to support new product filing
- Cross checking and editing documents/datasheets as necessary with scientific database
- Checking competitive pricing for new products
- Filing new product SOP's and datasheets using remote transfer protocols and software
- Maintaining master product list
- Maintaining running new product list to track product filing
- Helping coordinate and staying involved in process of product launch with parent company
*This is a 20 hour per week position
Successful candidates will have a familiarity of general chemistry or biology with excellent attention to detail and a desire and motivation to learn. Candidate must be comfortable using computers and have a working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook. Candidate must be highly organized, able to multitask, work independently and have good interpersonal skills. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Excellent communication, organization and collaborative skills are vital.
Candidate must have a BA/BS and 1-2 years work experience in the life sciences industry.
Boston Biochem offers an exciting flexible work environment with competitive compensation, benefits, and equity participation. Boston Biochem is an equal opportunity employer.
*resumes submitted without cover letters will not be considered