The Vice President, Consulting will be responsible for managing overall client relationships and business development in the Media industry, developing and pricing proposals, and providing consulting services, analytical insight and recommendations to the end client.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Experience and Skills:
- Establish and maintain relationships with current and potential clients. Maintain top-of-mind knowledge/insight into the needs of the clients. Leverage working relationships by disseminating knowledge of our capabilities, which result in RFPs.
- Assist in the creation of innovative and compelling proposals in response to client RFPs that will generate new business. Work with senior media team members and other GfK industry or solution areas to make best possible offering to clients.
- Use available assets (LinkedIn, SalesForce, CTAM website, industry news) to identify and research potential new clients
- The successful candidate will also actively develop skills in business development, as well as stay current in the Media industry through closely following industry news and developments.
- Manage the day-to-day client contact for projects sold – this includes meeting with clients in-person, by phone, proactively investigating client needs, balancing needs of client with what is best for GfK.
- Maintain client satisfaction – providing on-going communication and constantly monitoring the client’s experience.
- Attend in-person strategic conversations with the client.
- Oversee project direction and reporting to ensure a timely and high quality end product for presentation to the client. This includes developing insightful reports and deliverables for GfK clients.
- Position the company with media clients as a fact-based consulting business – a business with the ability to leverage insight / data through the application of advanced modeling and a more diagnostic approach.
- Support Key Account Managers on any Key Account tasks for larger, strategic clients.
- Create insights across projects and provide value-add to the client across projects.
- Provide hands-on quality control involvement throughout the project.
- When necessary, travel to represent GfK to current or potential clients.
- Facilitate the exchange of knowledge between the GfK and client(s), and within GfK.
Education: BA/BS in Marketing, Research, or equivalent; Masters preferred
- Experience: A minimum of 12 years’ experience in the Market Research Industry, Media Industry experience preferred
- Client Service: Anticipates and responds to customer/client needs by seeking and acting on their feedback and ensuring that employees value the client’s perspective, while balancing the best interests of the company. Comfortable making “cold calls” and meeting new contacts. Maintain a positive attitude, even when dealing with challenges.
- Communicates Effectively: Is able to speak with authority to others in one-on-one or small group settings. Speaks clearly and in a manner that is easily understood by others.
- Writes with Impact: Communicates non-technical and technical information in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner; composes documents in accordance with professional and company guidelines.
- Presenting to Others: Is able to explain ideas to others in both formal and informal settings. Knows the needs and preferences of the audience. Creates material that is easy for others to understand. Ability to present final product to the client.
- Strong analytical mind and skills: Can spot patterns of data that don’t make sense.
- Technical Proficiency: Familiar with the technical tools of research, including common data management, tabulation and analytic packages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, Quantum, Quanvert, Wincross, etc), as well as common Microsoft Office applications. Demonstrated ability to develop analytic and reporting plans. Ability to understand and use pricing spreadsheets and other pricing tools.
- Valuing Quality: Strives for product or service quality by doing work carefully. Meets quality goals that have been set. Makes sure to do work the right way the first time and improve the efficiency and/or effectiveness of research operations.
- Valuing Excellence: Strives for high standards of excellence, providing creative proposals and highly visual issue-focused reports. Genuinely interested in best ways to display the data. Strong business acumen and passion for business strategy.
- Leadership: Leads the day-to-day management of research projects. Work with research assistants, associates and managers.
- Achieving Goals: Works to achieve a goal or objective. Shows a strong drive to follow through and complete what was started.
- Planning and Organizing: Is able to plan and organize job tasks or resources. Sets priorities to make sure work is finished on time or on budget. Provide input into project pricing.
- Displays Professional Integrity: Clearly demonstrates an understanding of ethical boundaries and an avoidance of potentially compromising business situations; avoids conflicts of interest, and handles confidential information appropriately.
- Being Flexible: Is willing and able to change work tasks if needed. Shifts priorities based on work demands. Is positive when facing failure or rejection.
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
Monster - 11 months ago