The Network and Computer Systems Administrator installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves computer and software related problems, as necessary, to support managed dental practices. The incumbent also performs system backups and recovery, maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. This position requires at least 3 years of experience in systems administration.
• Plan & perform installations, maintenance, configuration & administration of operating systems & related systems software
• Able to meet deadlines for assigned projects
• Provide technical support of applications software, hardware installations and upgrades
• Ensure proper development and maintenance of systems documentation and procedures
• Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
• Ensure proper implementation and/or admin. of systems security policies & security admin procedures.
• Install servers (including RAID configuration) for use in the field.
• Install, configure, and maintain a corporate virus protection to keep our network safe from malicious web sites and email.
• Administer Active directory and Microsoft Exchange server
• Install and configure corporate backup solution to ensure appropriate data protection and retention.
• Install and configure enterprise server to integrate with MS Exchange for corporate email users.
• Administer multiple email server domains. Maintain reverse DNS records with Sprint in order to ensure compliance with all SPAM security solutions used for email.
• Degree or Industry Certification in business, computer science or a related field
• 3 + years of related experience
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal oral, written and customer service skills
ImmediaDent - 2 years ago