Posting Title Senior Linux System Administrator About Us Mozy, part of the VMware (NYSE: VMW) family, is the world's most trusted online backup service for consumers and businesses, with more than one million customers, 70,000 business users and 70 petabytes of information stored at its multiple data centers around the globe. We hire only the best to join our innovative team — people who know how to work hard and have fun. If you think you can juggle a results–driven work environment with afternoon Rock Band competitions, company sports teams, and a stocked snack room, join the Mozy team today! Learn more at http://mozy.com/careers/. Why work for our Division VMware IT provides technology services and support, enabling efficiency, simplicity and productivity for internal business partners and external customers. The VMware IT organization provides two distinct, yet compatible functions. The IT team enables productivity and supports all employees; the organization additionally supports the company in its growth as the global leader in cloud infrastructure by developing and showcasing VMware products and technology. Working in tandem, these two functionalities reduce IT complexity and cost, both within VMware and for its customers. Job Description The VMware Cloud Operations Team is seeking a motivated Senior System Administrator to join their team.
Your job will be to work closely with the architecture and development teams to help build and engineer a state of the art and operationally efficient cloud platforms. And then of course, you will be responsible for end–to-end operations of the various environments including production, DR and staging. Applicants must have direct hands-on experience in building and operating modern high scale web based applications platforms.
- As a System Administrator you are responsible for performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting and capacity planning for the storage environment.
- Deploy and operate large scale, highly available, cloud infrastructure environments
- Work with Systems Administrators and Architects on infrastructure projects
- Participate in on-call rotation to support 24x7 coverage of our services
- Hands-on involvement in the planning and execution of infrastructure-related changes, many of which are implemented during off-hours
- Maintain current expert knowledge of the VMware products, specifically Cloud related solutions such as: vSphere, vCenter, ESXi/ESX
- Deep knowledge and experience in administering and supporting Linux (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu) systems in a consumer facing web application environment
- Experience building and operating highly available and scalable infrastructure solutions
- Hands on experience in design, implementation and support of one or more of these core technologies – LDAP, DNS (BIND) and/or Mail (preferably Postfix) – at a large scale
- Expert knowledge in Shell scripting and working knowledge of at least one of these languages – Perl, Python, and Java. Development background a great plus.
- Experience with automated deployment and configuration tools like CFengine, Puppet, or Chef, is highly desired
- A good practical understanding of Web-based application development platforms (e.g. Apache, Tomcat, etc.)
- 5-7 years of experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience with VMWare ESXi 4.x, ESX 4.x, vSphere
- Expert scripting skills in one of the following languages (ksh/bash/perl/SQL)
- Expert in data storage protocols including CIFS, FC, FCoE, iSCSI, and NFS
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking DNS, LDAP, NFS, SMTP, Linux Account Management
Palo Alto, CA Location Palo Alto, CA, US
Requisition Number 35401BR
VMware - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in...