To support the Manufacturing Manager and Inventory Control Manager with all aspects of inventory and manufacturing management. This will focus on data entry and up keep of information in the business system, as well as report generation, creation of work orders, assisting with scheduling, inventory cycle counting, placement of purchase orders, assisting with logistics of inbound and outbound freight, and other associated duties.
JOB SITE IS OLD SAYBROOK, no remote off site work possibilities exist with this position.
- Preference is an Associate Degree in Business with some training in the area of manufacturing management.
- Previous experience in the management of inventory/procurement is preferred.
- Solid knowledge of computers and business systems is required.
- Self directed for most activities.
- Has the ability to learn quickly and advance upon what has been learned.
- Physical ability to lift and carry inventory items within NIOSH recommendations.
- Requires good communications and teamwork skills.
- Limited travel is required.
- Entry of data into the business system for the management of suppliers, products, bills of material, work orders, scheduling, engineering change notices, etc.
- To work under the direction of the Inventory Control Manager to monitor the inventory of pumps, parts and accessories including locations and quantities available. This will include periodic review of inventory reports and cycle counting, as well as assisting with the complete physical inventory counts.
- To supply information, reports and support to the Manufacturing Manager and Inventory Control Manager for development of inventory control plans.
- Assist in the management of suppliers including updating the supplier logs with purchase order and proforma invoice information, providing communications support, assisting with the monitoring inventory levels, entering new purchase orders, as well as assisting with follow-up and closure of open purchase orders.
- Issue paper work to the warehouse stock personnel required for them to pull inventory and for further manufacturing and to fill customer orders as well as for issuance for work order kits to the assembly technicians.
- Assist with orchestrating in bound and out bound logistics for freight.
- Participate in companywide continuous improvement and similar quality efforts to help grow the operation.
- Able to perform daily work safely with full consideration for fellow employees and in full compliance with OSHA safety standards
Competitive Salary and benefits including Health, Life and 401k
BJM Pumps, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are a drug free organization and require pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Company website: www.bjmpumps.com
Please email your resume and cover letter or please fax to: 860-399-2033