The RN participates as a member of the health care team in delivering quality health care to patients, which supports Kaiser Permanente's mission, vision and values. The RN provides a variety of nursing services both in person and by phone utilizing the nursing process and leadership skills to address acute and chronic needs of Health Plan members and other patients of the Kaiser Permanente Health Care Program. He/She works under the general direction of the designated supervisor.
• Demonstrates personal commitment to service and to socially relevant practice.
• Demonstrates behaviors that illustrate commitment to KP Promise (quality you can trust, caring with a personal touch, convenient and easy and affordable).
• Adheres to Quality of Service Standards and Behavioral Guidelines.
• Demonstrates ethical and legal behavior in all professional activities.
• Acts as an advocate for individuals, groups and communities.
• Demonstrates accountability for own ethical behavior and for delegated actions.
• Demonstrates responsible and accountable behavior concerning own work schedule.
• Understands and supports Kaiser Permanente policies, legal considerations and professional ethics.
• Adheres to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and confidentiality policies.
• Utilizes a critical thinking approach to problem solve and make decisions.
• Applies analytical reasoning, reflection and rational problem-solving skills, using verifiable information, and clinical judgment, in order to choose among alternative solutions to clinical problems.
• Fosters and uses innovative thinking to create alternative solutions.
• Demonstrates the ability to analyze, synthesize and utilize data to provide optimal nursing care.
• Understands and provides competent care to a diverse population.
• Uses knowledge of cultural differences to provide nursing care that is sensitive to and consistent with cultural values, beliefs, and customs.
• Provides culturally sensitive teaching materials to individuals, families and groups.
• Practices health care team building and leadership skills.
• Applies leadership skills to facilitate effective team functioning and operations of the module or department.
• Role models and facilitates change within the health care team to respond to health care and organizational needs.
• Directs, delegates, and monitors quality of care delivered by the health care team and brings deviations to the attention of staff involved and Team Leader.
• Mentors new staff and assists with orientation and staff development needs.
• Collaborates with Team Leader and Manager in setting quality standards for nursing care and in the development of policies and procedures.
• Provides input to Team Leader and Manager about the job performance of other RNs, LPNs and unlicensed personnel in the health care team.
• Demonstrates commitment to customer service.
• Participates in population-based care activities.
• Participates in "out reach" and "in reach" activities to meet clinical targets.
• Effectively identifies needs and provides prevention, early intervention and ongoing health education for panel population, individual patient and family.
• Assists individuals and groups to learn self-management skills that promote and protect health.
• Develops teaching plans for individuals and groups related to health promotion and disease prevention.
• This job description is not all encompassing.
• Fulltime telephonic advice
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in an acute care or ambulatory care/clinic setting within the last five (5) years.
• Previous experience with population care/case management, triage and advice preferred.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
• Current or future bachelor's degree in nursing or a related field preferred.
• Current RN license in Oregon and Washington. Requires Oregon or Washington license at time of hire. Licenses in both states are required within six (6) months of hire.
• Current BLS w/AED certification.
• Demonstrates clinical nursing and leadership skills.
• Able to type 20 words per minute.
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
• Willingness to learn computerized information systems.
• Demonstrates ability to work within teams and within a dynamic work environment.
• Customer focused.
$33.10 - $47.60
Kaiser Permanente - 18 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...