Honor America's Veterans by providing exceptional care that improves their health and well-being.
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 784228 (Please include on all documents)
Be a member of our team providing compassionate health care to Veterans. We are an employer of choice and a center of excellence in patient care, education, and research. We value trust, respect, commitment, compassion, and excellence; we value you. Go to
for more information.
Our Medical Center is located in Providence, RI with outpatient clinics located in Middletown, RI, Hyannis and New Bedford, MA. We provided high quality comprehensive outpatient and inpatient care to Veterans residing in Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts. Rhode Island, also known as the Ocean State, offers a range of lifestyles to those seeking the advantages of an exciting city or relaxing country setting.
This Registered Nurse: Clinical Research Manager is located in Research Service and is a bargaining unit position.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience and is determined by a professional standards board.
This is a term appointment Not to Exceed 3 years, full-time position. The work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
- You must be a US citizen
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation
- Must pass a pre-employment physical examination
- Designated and random drug testing may be required
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English
- Full unrestricted Licensure required
- Coordinates and helps to perform a wide range of Clinical research associated with the Center for Neurorestoration and Neurotechnology (CfNN).
- Takes responsibility for executing the clinical activities of the CfNN research, as well as, additional clinical research related to neurosurgery and psychiatry.
- Provides first line interaction between study staff and potential clinical research participants inquiring about research and clinical activities in the CfNN.
- Performs research (data collection) with research participants in a variety of clinical settings.
- Oversees and/or assists with the day to day management of study operations, including the recruitment, screening, enrollment and follow-up of subjects; and communication with the data coordinating center, the Principle Investigator's office and other Medical Center administrative offices, under the direction of the CfNN Director and the CfNN Clinical Research Core Director.
- Oversees CfNN related projects screening, intervention, and follow-up procedures at the participating medical centers, and will ensure compliance with the study protocol.
- Adheres to established policies, standards of care and standards of practice.
- Provides direct and indirect patient care in a self-directed manner and the guidance of each study's Principle Investigator.
- Adheres to the ethical principles and guidelines for the protection of human subjects of research as contained in the Belmont Report of April 18, 1979, and conducts the research in compliance with the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and VA policies for the protection of human subjects.
(from VHA Qualification Standards)
- Graduate of a state approved, National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)/Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accredited school of nursing.
- Active, current, full and unrestricted Registered Nurse License.
Must meet the requirements of the pre-employment physical examination.
- Successful completion of an NLNAC/CCNE accredited school of nursing with a Bachelor's Degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in inpatient and/or outpatient nursing.
- Prior experience in neurologic/neurosurgical care and research/clinical trials.
- Prior experience working with Institutional Review Boards (IRB) and other regulatory oversight committees.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary groups to identify, analyze and resolve problems and improve patient care.
- Demonstrated professionalism and accountability.
- Demonstrated effective organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with all members of the Hospital community.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Comfort working with computers, including custom software; Computer and Internet skills and experience required- familiarity and comfort with MS Office products, i.e. Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Demonstrated knowledge and compliance in all hospital, State and Federal regulatory requirements, including hospital policy and procedures (where applicable to the performance of the job), the Joint Commission on Accreditation.
In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. We may not make assumptions regarding your experience.
Applicants Please Note: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Applicants must, therefore, only report attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website:
. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly.
***If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send in a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.***
Reference: VA Qualification Standards (Handbook 5005) is available in the local Human Resources Office.
Subject to satisfactory completion of our credentialing process.
Selectee will be presented to a peer review board to determine final grade and salary.
Position does not confer competitive status.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see
When applying for Federal jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of DD-214(s) showing all dates of service as well as character of service (honorable, general, etc.) Additionally, Veterans with service-connected disability of 10% or more must also submit a copy of their official statement from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying their service-connected disability and/or their receipt of compensation for service-connected disability.
Veterans with service-connected disability of less than 10%, nonservice-connected disability, and Purple Heart recipients, as well as those claiming derived preference for a spouse, widow, widower, or natural mother, should refer to and submit a completed SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference," and required documentation with your application material.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, resume and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment. You may also be evaluated based upon the responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.
An incomplete application will receive a rating IFM (ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible to incompatible software or fax transmissions.
Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, thrift savings plan, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help balance work and life. For more information please visit us at
Travel and relocation expenses are not authorized.
Relocation incentive may be authorized for a highly qualified candidate.
Department of Veterans Affairs - 20 months ago
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. It is...